Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline seatrains  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2017 05:30:01(UTC)
seatrains

United States   
All,
We have a small European Train Enthusiasts Pacific Northwest Chapter group with about 15 members and always welcome new members. The majority are split between Washington and Oregon, but we have had a few British Columbia members in the past. If you are interested in meeting up with us, contact me. A number of our members are Marklinist but some run DCC and even large scale.
As we are few and far between in Pacific Northwest, finding folks with similar interests can be difficult. A small group of us met at the Worlds Greatest Hobby Show in Puyallup and at the Great American Train Show in Portland this past weekend. See link for the ETE website or email or pm me. I am always available to talk trains.
http://www.ete.org/

Thanks, Thom
aka Seatrains...BigGrin
Thom
European Train Enthusiast - Pacific Northwest Chapter
4th Division, Pacific Northwest Region, National Model Railroaders Association
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by seatrains
Offline Minok  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2017 23:50:26(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: seatrains Go to Quoted Post
All,
We have a small European Train Enthusiasts Pacific Northwest Chapter group with about 15 members and always welcome new members. The majority are split between Washington and Oregon, but we have had a few British Columbia members in the past. If you are interested in meeting up with us, contact me. A number of our members are Marklinist but some run DCC and even large scale.
As we are few and far between in Pacific Northwest, finding folks with similar interests can be difficult. A small group of us met at the Worlds Greatest Hobby Show in Puyallup and at the Great American Train Show in Portland this past weekend. See link for the ETE website or email or pm me. I am always available to talk trains.
http://www.ete.org/

Thanks, Thom
aka Seatrains...BigGrin

FYI, the URL is flagged as bad in McAfee's web filter, which large corporations (like mine) use to block content at the firewall.
https://www.mcafee.com/t...ain=http://www.ete.org/#

I've submitted a request to the McAfee system to reclassify it from [Malicious Sites, Personal Pages ] to instead be [Personal Pages, Hobby, Social Networking] . Not sure what, if anything, will come from that request. I'm assuming there isn't malware in online images or a security hole that could be used to inject malware.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline seatrains  
#3 Posted : 31 January 2017 07:35:18(UTC)
seatrains

United States   
Thanks for pointing that out Minok and following up with Mcafee...I will forward to the ETE folks, so they know also.
Website aside, they are a good group! Hope anyone on the Forum in the area can join us and get acquainted (shame less plug).
Thom aka seatrainsBigGrin
Thom
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by seatrains
Offline seatrains  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2017 19:34:39(UTC)
seatrains

United States   
All, a small group of us will be meeting at the United Northwest Model Railroad Club Model Train Show & Marketplace, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, Monroe WA, 2/25/17 at 2pm, at the NMRA 4D Modular Groups layout. One of their members also an ETE'er will be running HO/DCC on European themed modules. This will be a great place to get acquainted with folks that I have only met on this site. Also in years past there will be a few vendors with marklin and European building kits etc. BigGrin
Link to the show below:
www.unwclub.org/unwshow
See you there!
Thom
Thom
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by seatrains
Offline GlennM  
#5 Posted : 22 February 2017 20:20:23(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: seatrains Go to Quoted Post
All, a small group of us will be meeting at the United Northwest Model Railroad Club Model Train Show & Marketplace, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, Monroe WA, 2/25/17 at 2pm, at the NMRA 4D Modular Groups layout. One of their members also an ETE'er will be running HO/DCC on European themed modules. This will be a great place to get acquainted with folks that I have only met on this site. Also in years past there will be a few vendors with marklin and European building kits etc. BigGrin
Link to the show below:
www.unwclub.org/unwshow
See you there!
Thom

Would be great to see some pictures and or videos of the meet, any modules and of course any running action. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Have a great meet
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline Webmaster  
#6 Posted : 25 February 2017 20:53:20(UTC)
Webmaster

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
FYI, the URL is flagged as bad in McAfee's web filter, which large corporations (like mine) use to block content at the firewall.

The ETE main site has been regarded as "foul" by many web security/antivirus filters for quite a while, but seems better now - did not get any warning today...

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Minok  
#7 Posted : 28 February 2017 22:00:22(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Yeah, I think many websites may use services such as my employers choice - which use a database that classifies the nature and content of a website and that directs firewall behaviour (rather than the owners of filters such as firewalls/security software detecting actual issues). The site was misclassified I suspect (not sure how they came up with the initial classification)... and requesting a reclassification and rescan at mcaffee, resulted in the metadata update, which seems to clear the blocks.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok