Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline scissorsnm  
#1 Posted : 16 January 2017 23:25:09(UTC)
scissorsnm

United States   
Like to know how to use the s88 decoder for feedback from Marklin M track. I am using the decoder for feedback from my C track blocks but have a section of M track attached to the C track and want to use the same decoder for the feedback from those (M track) blocks. Can that be done and how can I do it.
Thanks,

Jim
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 17 January 2017 06:00:45(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
You need one or more pieces of contact track.. You can't easily cut m-track like you can do with C-track..

Some examples of contact track are straight 5145 5105 5115 is used to extend the contact area with a 5145 on either side. Curved contact track is only available for R1 curves..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline PeFu  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2017 12:14:54(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: scissorsnm Go to Quoted Post
Like to know how to use the s88 decoder for feedback from Marklin M track. I am using the decoder for feedback from my C track blocks but have a section of M track attached to the C track and want to use the same decoder for the feedback from those (M track) blocks. Can that be done and how can I do it.
Thanks,

Jim

I would propose using a current detection module instead, like the LDT RM-GB-8N. Individual isolated middle rail sections are connected to this module, and occupation is reported further via the standard S88 bus. The price of the module is higher than for standard S88 modules, but it works great and you don't need the Mä contact tracks. You can find a connection example here.

BigGrin PeFu
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline scissorsnm  
#4 Posted : 17 January 2017 17:00:24(UTC)
scissorsnm

United States   
Thanks to both xxup and PeFu for the quick replies. I am building an overhead section with the old 7136 bridge and 7168 metal bridge sections in the middle of a C track layout so the contact track solution wouldn't work. I will be looking into the LDT RM-GB-8-N solution or maybe pull the rails and the middle rail contact sections from the 7168 metal bridges and us them as bridge roadbeds for the C track where I can use the s88 feedback setup as I have on the rest of the layout. Rough solution but may work and cost nothing.. Hopefully...here goes.