Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline magload  
#1 Posted : 16 January 2017 19:52:01(UTC)
magload

United States   
My CS2 would not calibrate. I used the mouse and got to the calibration screen but touching the cross hairs would not register. The first one would register after many attempts. I was in a real panic as the warranty ran out last month ( 16 days ago).
I called the Marklin customer service number here in Germany . The service rep told me this was a common issues and the technicians suggested vacuuming or using dust off on all of the openings. She said that the vast majority of returned units with faulty touch pads were repaired by cleaning dust out of the unit.
The vacuum cleaner did the trick. Several minutes of vacuuming did the trick. What a relief!!!
Hope this info helps others.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by magload
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 16 January 2017 19:56:57(UTC)
H0

Hi!

We already have a thread about the dangers of eating crisps in the train room. This problem is known, but your post may help others.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline dickinsonj  
#3 Posted : 20 January 2017 01:25:18(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

We already have a thread about the dangers of eating crisps in the train room. This problem is known, but your post may help others.

BigGrin

Keep that screen clean and if you have fat fingers like mine just use a stylus to interact with your CS2. Or better yet just use a mouse to control the CS2 - that is a huge improvement and it is very easy to do.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj