Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cookee_nz  
#1 Posted : 15 January 2017 06:37:10(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Taken from the booklet "Marklin Guide through 365 days"

The Honeymoon...

The Honeymoon-1.jpg
The Honeymoon-2.jpg
The Honeymoon-3.png

My my how simple things were for young Master Udo...
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Pmare4  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2017 12:19:28(UTC)
Pmare4

Australia   
Hi Cookee,

Thanks for uploading this story - I didn't know that this booklet existed. Do you have any other pages scanned?
Peter
Collecting vintage Märklin from 1935-1970, also Hornby O Gauge
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2017 10:17:33(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Pmare4 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Cookee,

Thanks for uploading this story - I didn't know that this booklet existed. Do you have any other pages scanned?

Hi Peter,

It's a very small booklet, about the same size as the loco instruction sheets of the same era, 10.5 x 9 cm but bound in a plastic/vinyl cover and about 1cm thick.

It opens with a History of the House of Märklin (I have several "History of Marklin" articles now, all written in a slightly different way), then it mixes calendar pages with random images, cartoons etc, then at the back it has the Honeymoon story shown above, then several pages for Names and phone numbers, and then several more blank perforated pages (designed to be torn out) for notes.

Fortunately it's in top condition and I would think fairly rare. Especially in English.

It's around 100 pages but is fiddly to scan because of the size and getting it straight and flat.

I did start scanning it when I first got it but ran out of enthusiasm. I will continue with it as and when time allows.

Interestingly, and very unusual for a publication from this period, it does not carry the usual printing code.

Thanks for your interest in it. ThumpUp

Often that's just the encouragement needed to continue.

Edited by user 18 January 2017 02:51:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 17 January 2017 17:36:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Pmare4 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Cookee,

Hi Peter,

It's a very small booklet, about the size size as the loco instruction sheets of the same era, 10.5 x 9 cm but bound in a plastic/vinyl cover and about 1cm thick.

It opens with a History of the House of Märklin (I have several "History of Marklin" articles now, all written in a slight different way), then it mixes calendar pages with random images, cartoons etc, then at the back it has the Honeymoon story shown above, then several pages for Names and phone numbers, and then several more perforated pages (designed to be torn out) for notes.

Fortunately it's in top condition and I would think fairly rare. Especially in English.

It's around 100 pages but is fiddly to scan because of the size and getting it straight and flat.

I did start scanning it when I first got it but ran out of enthusiasm. I will continue with it as and when time allows.

Interestingly, and very unusual for a publication from this period, it does not carry the usual printing code.

Thanks for your interest in it. ThumpUp

Often that's just the encouragement needed to continue.

I used to have something similar, but IIRC it was a diary from about 1960, but was all in German. I really do wish I knew where it had got to, but I suspect it was thrown out by my parents in a cleanup.