Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TEEWolf  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2017 23:48:33(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hi everybody,

in another topic post #8

https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/posts/t36777-Visiting-Bavaria

I wrote about "going to Hans-Peter Porsche Traumwerk (HPT) by train".

Well it is not false, but 2 weeks ago I visited HPT

Hans-Peter Porsche TraumwerkThumpUp

myself and I have to change my recommendation. Of course, I researched the actual and best connections to reach HPT by train. My first recommendation in the other topic is not really the best oneSad, because there is neither a bus nor a taxi available at the train station in Piding.Crying

But excellent alternatives existing. Either you take a train routing (there are others available too) from Munich via Rosenheim towards Salzburg, which stops at the station in Teisendorf (it must be a local train) and switch on the bus line #829, direction Bad Reichenhall central station (Hbf).

Or you stay on a train to Freilassing and there you switch trains to Bad Reichenhall (if you are not already on a through train). At the Hbf in Bad Reichenhall you meet the bus line #829 again, but this time with the direction to Teisendorf.BigGrin

When HPT was opened, also an extra bus stop “TraumWerk Porsche” on this bus line 829 was located right in front of the main entrance of HPT. Very convenient.ThumpUp The bus communicates every 60 minutes from Monday to Friday. HPT is always 9 km (about 5,5 miles) away either from Teisendorf or Bad Reichenhall.

The bad point is:
the bus does not yet commute on Saturday and Sunday. They are working on it, but at the moment it does not. It was recommended at the weekend taking a train to Bad Reichenhall. There are taxis available bringing you up to the HPT. But these taxis are only in Bad Reichenhall available – nowhere else nearby.

Of course, it is always possible taking a taxi from the central station in Salzburg to HPT. The distance is about 20 km (13 miles). But do not take the route via the Autobahn, because of the illegal entering people to Germany, there are at the moment border controls at the highway. At the regular road it might be only occasionally. You do not have any waiting times and you do not have to pay a road toll for the Autobahn and the normal road is not a detour.

At HPT itself you find lockers in various sizes, you may deposit your luggage. You find a restaurant, shop and movie as well. A small garden railroad and sun terrace with a gorgeous view to the mountains.

So you may stay a complete day. Beside the model rail road are two further exhibitions. A small exhibition of real Porsche carsCool and another one about toys. While I was there, a Porsche Speedster 550 stands in the entrance hall. It is the model James Dean drove. You find a Carrera racing track, where you may compete a race against – whom whoever is with you.

It is easy to visit HPT from Munich by train - enjoy your trip and visit at HPT.Smile
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2017 00:24:03(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
One of our club members visited Hans-Peter Porsche Traumwerk last year. Here is the article he wrote for our magazine.

Traumwerk.pdf (1,822kb) downloaded 107 time(s).