Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MalinAC  
#1 Posted : 11 January 2017 16:59:42(UTC)
MalinAC

Ireland   
Hi guys, Im going to try and build a solid centre rail track layout and I need some help with the wiring. Is there a Marklin book that shows how to wire up the different parts of the layout and if so whats the part number.Im using 3600 track. I would appreciate any help as I want to find out what all the different track pieces do and how to wire them up .Eddie
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 11 January 2017 20:01:51(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: MalinAC Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys, Im going to try and build a solid centre rail track layout and I need some help with the wiring. Is there a Marklin book that shows how to wire up the different parts of the layout and if so whats the part number.Im using 3600 track. I would appreciate any help as I want to find out what all the different track pieces do and how to wire them up .Eddie

Try here Eddie... http://www.lctm.info/Sec...lioteca/Libros/index.php

The old 0753 and 0763 books should help. They are in German but the pictures are not BigGrin
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Markus Schild  
#3 Posted : 11 January 2017 23:35:46(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Eddie,

Generally you must differ the switches and signals before and after 1952/53. Until 1952 switches and signals have two wires: One for the light (yellow) and one for switching (black). The rail is ground. Every time the switch - wire is switched to 20V the signal or the switch changes its position. These components can't be switched to a defined position, they just change with every pulse. The switch-panels just have one bottom and are connected to 20V. From 1952/53 the system which is know until today was introduced: The electro-magnetic devices have three wires: Left - right (red/green) and yellow. The rail is just the ground for the light. The devices were connected to switch-boards with two bottoms which are connected to ground. These device can be switched to a defined position.

Regards

Markus

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild