Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 10 January 2017 21:37:28(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I recently received one of Marklin's Sgns container cars. On one end of the car, the insert plate which pops into the top of the car surface above the bogie/coupling mechanism was missing. I could not find any reference to this part anywhere. The car in question is a 47095. Does anybody know if this part is available as a spare part?
47095.01L.jpg
47095.01R.jpg

What is the correct term for this part? Deck plate? How would you say that in German?

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 16 February 2017 20:02:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 10 January 2017 23:57:50(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I recently received one of Marklin's Sgns container cars. On one end of the car, the insert plate which pops into the top of the car surface above the bogie/coupling mechanism was missing. I could not find any reference to this part anywhere. The car in question is a 47095. Does anybody know if this part is available as a spare part?
47095.01L.jpg
47095.01R.jpg

What is the correct term for this part? Deck plate? How would you say that in German?

Regards

Mike C

That is a recent production item, no?

I would email the Marklin service desk explaining that the set arrived with this part missing, and include the photo, and see if they will send you a part for free.

I would try using 'deck plate' for it as it is pretty descriptive of what it is.

Oh, don't worry about the german term, they have people that understand english, although it may take a couple of to and fro conversations.
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 11 January 2017 01:35:46(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I immediately contacted the dealer and he just informed me that he has fired off a mail to Maerklin regarding obtaining a replacement part or replacement car. At the present moment, I intend to run the set with 3 of the 20ft containers on one car and one 20ft and one 40ft container on the second, which will temporarily completely cover the missing part. I still have to ensure that the absence of this part does not compromise the operation of the coupling shaft, as the little tab is exposed.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mmervine  
#4 Posted : 13 January 2017 02:09:15(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
My set arrived today and one of the springs that center one of the couplers was missing. Fortunately, I keep spares on hand. It took me about 30 minutes and about ten attempts to get both ends of the spring connected correctly. I had purchased some Walthers 20' maroon MSC containers to add to these cars, so both of mine will have 3x20' MSC containers. Happy to say that the Walthers containers work perfectly and there is space in the boxes to store them.

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 13 January 2017 06:50:25(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I am pretty sure that the Walthers' containers are the same as those used by Maerklin. I don't know why, but I find the 20ft containers look a little weird on these cars. I transferred one of the containers to the other car so that it would have 3 containers. The other one will run with either a tank container (Bertschi, Hoyer or Rinnen) or maybe a suitable 40ft/20ft combination. I have a 40ft MSC container from Fleischmann, but the anchoring sockets are not compatible with the Maerklin car. Interestingly enough, I can run the FLM 40 and the Maerklin 20 together on the Fleischmann car, so maybe I will do that and use the second 47095 car with completely different containers.

I have a few Maerklin container cars that came with adapters that allow you to use 20ft containers with sockets (47051-003/004). I discovered that these adapters are available from Herpa as 084192. Unfortunately Herpa only makes these for 20ft containers. The package comes with 10. I was thinking about adapting one or two (trimming off two pairs of pins and attaching them together) so that it would work for a 40 or 45ft container too. In the meantime, I have decided that containers with pins will be used with Maerklin and those with sockets will go with my Kombimodell cars.

It would be so amazing if the pins, sockets and slots were integrated into the floor of the container model and those parts could be swapped out so that all brands could be easily converted to use with other company's cars.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mmervine  
#6 Posted : 13 January 2017 14:56:50(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
I checked the containers and the Walthers ones are slightly different, so not the same mold as the Marklin ones. Hard to notice unless you look closely.
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 13 January 2017 19:35:55(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I discovered today that I can actually use a pair of the Herpa adapters to fit the 40ft MSC container from Fleischmann (97 5808) onto my 47095. That means that I can run the cars with one car with 3 20ft containers and the second with a single 20ft container and the 40ft container.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 25 January 2017 07:06:59(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
UPDATE: The dealer has requested that I return the car with the missing part to them and they will replace it and send the affected one back to Germany. Before I do that, I want to make sure that I include the correct containers to ensure that nobody ends up with duplicate numbers. I will ask the dealer to make sure he sends me back the same car and container numbers, but if any of you have this item and can post the information containers and car for 47095-01, it would be greatly appreciated.

So far, I have containers ending up with 813 and 326 with car 419-0 in the box that I am keeping, which means that 173 and 792 are with car 417-4 that is going back.
Does that correspond to what you have?

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 27 January 2017 07:24:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mmervine  
#9 Posted : 27 January 2017 15:56:57(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Mike-I just checked my set and you have this correct.
Offline mike c  
#10 Posted : 16 February 2017 09:38:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I received the replacement car from the dealer and my set is now as it should be. Thanks to Mr Menzel at Eurorailhobbies in BC.

I am running the cars with one car with 3 containers and one car that can alternately have one container plus either a 40ft container or a tankcontainer, using one of the Herpa 084192 adapter pieces. I have a "Hoyer" and a "Rinnen" tankcontainer that I can choose from. For 40ft containers, I have the "Bell" container from the 4851, the SBB container from 4852 and my preferred is the Bertschi/DSM container from the 47701. I have a few Herpa 40 and 45ft containers (Samskip, Hamburg Sud, Geest, Ge-Ex), but I do not have an adapter to use them on Maerklin cars. I also have the 47051 Dutch cars with assorted containers from Samskip (45ft) and VanDenBosch (20ft and 20ft extended tankcontainers). As I stated above, I also have the Fleischmann 978508, which came with "Geest" and "MSC" 40ft containers, which can be used with the Maerklin cars when used with a pair of 84192 adapters per container.
I also have the containers from my assorted Maerklin Hupac cars (47440/47444/47449, etc) and from my 47081 "Vos" set.
The lok for this consist will likely be a SBB Cargo or BLS Cargo locomotive. I have a separate "Crossrail" container train with assorted Roco container cars with "Crossrail" and "Ewals" containers.

The only thing about these cars that I am not crazy about is when using a 40ft container on it's own, the springs for the coupling are visible from overhead. For this reason, I like the 40-20 and the 20-20-20 combinations. I think that I can use the 40ft containers in solo load with the 47440 type car instead.

Either way, another consist is done and I like the look of her. Photos to come.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 16 February 2017 20:03:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c