Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tom Thomson  
#1 Posted : 09 January 2017 13:46:35(UTC)
Tom Thomson

I have a Marklin 1 Scale starter set with normal radius curves. Some longer cars and locomotives require wider radius curves. Sellers on eBay and elsewhere rarely specify the required radius. Is there a resource or guideline I can use to see if specific cars will require wider radius curves? Many thanks.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2017 16:29:05(UTC)
H0

The Märklin product database and the Märklin catalogues usually indicate the minimum radius (600 mm for short items, 1020 mm for long items).

The product database includes items since 2000/2001 and for older rolling stock you should be able to find similar items in the database.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 09 January 2017 19:30:46(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Tom Thomson Go to Quoted Post
I have a Marklin 1 Scale starter set with normal radius curves. Some longer cars and locomotives require wider radius curves. Sellers on eBay and elsewhere rarely specify the required radius. Is there a resource or guideline I can use to see if specific cars will require wider radius curves? Many thanks.

Hi Tom,

Tom (H0) has already answered with what you need but if it also helps, all Marklin track has the code printed/embossed on the track-bed or sleepers/tie and G1 is no exception. This may be useful if you get a seller who does not have the boxes and doesn't know the track reference.

G1-5903.jpg

If you are ever in any doubt, ask the seller to check and confirm the code - but be prepared for those who either won't check, or will swear they cannot find the code. It's not always that easy to see.

Cheers

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image