Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mb300e4m  
#1 Posted : 25 December 2016 18:09:40(UTC)
mb300e4m

Along with a load of recently acquired H0 Digital Marklin, came two pieces of MAXI 1 gauge rolling stock. I believe they were from a set catalogue number 54413. There was no loco with the two pieces, but they did come in part of the original box seen here.

1-PC220741.JPG
The noise maker inside the container was not working. It was supposed to make the noise of shattering glass when the loco was braked hard.

PC230757.JPG

I removed it and found the three watch batteries were totally dead. I replaced the batteries but found the noise maker still did not work. Taking off the cover showed that the trembler spring was not heavy enough to touch the contact to set the thing off. Because the spring did not protrude through the slot in the side of the case, I assumed that some kind of weight was supposed to be attached to the spring but was missing. I solved it by attaching a small brass screw to the spring to give it some weight and momentum. It now works just fine, and rather loudly too.

PC250759.JPGPC250761.JPG
Peter B.
In Sunny Florida most of the time.
Marklin, Trix Express, Trix Twin, Fleischmann, Liliput, Hornby Dublo, and Others, 2 & 3 Rail, AC, DC and Digital, Course Scale Wheels & Fine, 1935 to 1960s usually.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mb300e4m
Offline Purellum  
#2 Posted : 25 December 2016 23:20:04(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

If you have a person in your family, who has the habit of shaking their gifts to hear what's inside
before they open them, this device could be used for a great Christmas joke. LOL

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Purellum