Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline blid  
#1 Posted : 18 December 2016 11:51:05(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
When I defined my digital systems in TC many years ago, I picked the TC startup option “Send all loco functions to the central unit on session start” and forgot all about it. Now, after about a hundred entries in the loco list, the CS2 and boosters started to behave in a very strange way. First it was like the new mfx engine had a faulty decoder. I finished the session. After a few more sessions all engines (mfx?) behaved in the same way. After about 2 seconds the decoders restarted as if there was a short power failure. Head lights went off and then on again. If engine sound was on, the engine wouldn’t move, just the sound of a motor starting again and again. The CS2 and boosters were locked in this cycle of power hiccup or decoder resets or whatever. Tapping the STOP–bar twice or finishing TC didn’t stop this cycle. Not even a CS2 Restart. The only way was to finish TC and power down the CS2 and boosters. When the CS2 was stared again everything worked OK until TC was also started.

I have now changed the option to “Do not send loco functions and assume previous state”.

It took me quite some time to figure this one out. This solution was not the first thing that crossed my mind.

blid
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by blid