Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 15 December 2016 22:35:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
See scroll down for update!

37588 loco body are dark green and the parts colour green not matching.

Anyway well done marklin.ThumbDown

Edited by user 18 December 2016 11:20:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#2 Posted : 15 December 2016 22:57:14(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Steven

This is totally unacceptable for a Marklin loco (if this is a Marklin product at all).. I am so sorry to see those photos. I have been waiting for this loco for one year and now it turns out that it looks like .....

I just wonder ... the people assembling this loco.... don't they see the color difference. And if someone chose the wrong color plastic, how on earth do you package this loco and you are selling it to someone, asking from him 500 euro??? This is really a big shame. No respect to the consumer at all!!!!

I saw a similar photo 3 days ago. I was hopping that this was a camera problem. Now it seems there is a M problem. I am ready to cancel my order now (mine hasn't arrived yet). Better to use my 500 euros to buy an other loco.

Thank you very much for your photos!!!!

Kind Regards

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou
Online H0  
#3 Posted : 16 December 2016 08:32:38(UTC)
H0

I have brown freight cars with a notable mismatch between painted metal and coloured plastics.
That dark green is another colour where they have difficulties.

Sometimes it looks worse on photos than in real life - sometimes it looks bad for the eye, but OK on photos.
Sometimes I think they should be able to make it better than they do.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#4 Posted : 16 December 2016 09:58:45(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Tom

I agree with you ... but ... on that same loco, there are plastic parts where the green color is spot on!!!! So in that case I would say "Sometimes I think they should be able to make it better than they do"

Regards

Paris

P.S. Would be interesting to know where this product is constructed.
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou
Online H0  
#5 Posted : 16 December 2016 13:08:38(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: ParisTsirchoglou Go to Quoted Post
I agree with you ... but ... on that same loco, there are plastic parts where the green color is spot on!!!!
Plastic parts or metal parts? I think the handrails are painted metal.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline DB Fan  
#6 Posted : 16 December 2016 14:36:56(UTC)
DB Fan

United States   
Is it possible that it was done on purpose? You could look at it like in real life that a defective part was exchanged and the same shade of green was not availableBigGrin . When I looked at some old pictures I could see on some engines that some parts had a different shade of the same color. Just a thought.

Robert
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DB Fan
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 16 December 2016 17:28:46(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

Sometimes it looks worse on photos than in real life - sometimes it looks bad for the eye, but OK on photos.

Brawa and Fleischmann present correct color in all detail parts.
I have an Trix T3 with the sounds and the color is perfect in this model.
Nothing difference between real and photos.
Steventrains photos present correct.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Goofy  
#8 Posted : 16 December 2016 17:58:49(UTC)
Goofy

Hello Steven!
Thanks for the tip! ThumpUp
I was ready to order an Trix G12.
H0
Offline Ian555  
#9 Posted : 16 December 2016 18:21:55(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the detailed photo's.

Have you contacted Marklin ??

Ian.
Offline steventrain  
#10 Posted : 16 December 2016 18:53:04(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Stephen,

Ian.

Yes I did last night, Still waiting for reply.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline RayF  
#11 Posted : 16 December 2016 19:04:21(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
On my G5/5 the cylinders look a different colour of green to the boiler, but I only noticed when I looked at the photos. This is a classic example of some colours being seen differently by a camera to that seen by the human eye. When I look at my loco I see the difference only in certain light and from certain angles.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#12 Posted : 16 December 2016 20:00:03(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Steven,

Thanks again for the tip. Today I changed my order and instead of the 37588, now I am the proud owner of a 37048 K Class.

Hope that at some point they will rectify the problem. Please let us know what they will answer to you and if they have a way to deal with this issue.

Regards

Paris
Offline Goofy  
#13 Posted : 17 December 2016 10:06:33(UTC)
Goofy

I believe they did missed to spray color on the plastic details.
H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline mjrallare  
#14 Posted : 17 December 2016 16:44:06(UTC)
mjrallare

Whenever I'm tempted to buy more Märklin again, something like this turns up and totally puts me off again. The plastic handrails on steamers doesn't make anyone happy and now this problem. I've thought that the red plastic on steamers have been looking weird the last couple of years but what I see in Stevens pictures just makes me sad. Returning the loco is of course an option, but since it's a Borsig edition I understand your dilemma Steven.
Hope it works out alright.

/Torbjörn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mjrallare
Offline steventrain  
#15 Posted : 18 December 2016 11:19:18(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have look at loco again but there is no different green colour.Confused I found the problem with the camera and lights on loco.

I do not know about the lights with camera on loco.Confused

I have send another photos without lights.

Offline GlennM  
#16 Posted : 18 December 2016 14:16:27(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Stephen,

Maybe you can try and photograph it outside on a clear bright day but not in direct sunlight, that should give you and even light to assess the paintwork.

Would be interesting to see the colours then
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#17 Posted : 18 December 2016 14:32:59(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Steven,

Do you see the color difference when you examine the loco just with your eyes?

Regards

Paris
Offline Goofy  
#18 Posted : 18 December 2016 15:13:45(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
I have brown freight cars with a notable mismatch between painted metal and coloured plastics.
That dark green is another colour where they have difficulties.

You was right Tom!
Now Steven present no faults at the locomotive.

Blink

H0
Offline Goofy  
#19 Posted : 18 December 2016 15:22:07(UTC)
Goofy

Steven...
Next time check between locomotive and the pictures before you add some topic please!
If you camera do have inside flash,it direct hits the light against details of the parts and it makes some color brightness.
I suppose you write to Märklin now? Wink
H0
Offline franciscohg  
#20 Posted : 18 December 2016 16:58:12(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
uffff.eagerly waiting for it, i've got really worried with the first pictures....not all ladies are 100% photogenic indeed...
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline steventrain  
#21 Posted : 18 December 2016 17:12:29(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Steven,

Do you see the color difference when you examine the loco just with your eyes?

Regards

Paris

Between 90% and 95% matching colour with eye. The parts was not spray paint.

So I am happy with the 37588.
Offline mjrallare  
#22 Posted : 18 December 2016 17:15:20(UTC)
mjrallare

The main thing is that you are happy with your loco Steven. But I have to say that the first photos looks very well lit to me. Those are great photos technically. The last ones just looks... well, black...
I have several locos in Prussian livery and I have never seen this difference in colour between metal and plastics. As someone else said, it would be nice with some more pictures. Maybe someone else who has this loco could chip in?

/Torbjörn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mjrallare
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#23 Posted : 18 December 2016 21:16:23(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
All

In my most humble opinion, no camera flash can alter the paint of some specific details, but not alter the paint of the surmounting area.

The way I see it, it looks like there is some real issue with this loco. The first photos did nothing more, than to shed some "light" on that issue. It is obvious that if you get some very dark photos, those "issues" will "disappear". This doesn't mean they are not there. You just don't see them. Maybe that's totally o.k. for most of us, maybe it is not.

This is a sensible subject.

Steven rightly tipped us all on that issue and I thanked him for that!!!. I choose cancel my order and revert my money to a classic 37048 K class (at least this one's details don't change their color when photographed with flash light).

I will be eagerly wait to see her in the flesh on my local shop. If I am wrong ... I will buy it immediately!!!

Regards

Paris
Online H0  
#24 Posted : 18 December 2016 22:35:11(UTC)
H0

In my most humble opinion, no camera flash can alter the paint of some specific details, but not alter the paint of the surmounting area.
Nope.
There are many different types of light: warm, neutral, cold; full spectrum or just some spikes.
Unpainted plastic can let light through while painted parts or metal parts won't.

There can be a big difference between halogen light (warm and full spectrum) versus a standard flash light (cold, blueish light with few spikes).

And modern cameras are more efficient than magnifying glasses - on the photos we can see "problems" we didn't see while we took the photos.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#25 Posted : 26 December 2016 16:04:52(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Stephen,

Ian.

Yes I did last night, Still waiting for reply.

Steven and All

Wishing you nothing but the best on these festive days, I was wondering if you got a reply from Marklin.

Kind Regards

Paris
Offline steventrain  
#26 Posted : 01 January 2017 17:33:29(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
No hear from M yet.

I have to try Mobile camera and it look perfect.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Frits Osterthun  
#27 Posted : 02 January 2017 23:53:10(UTC)
Frits Osterthun

Netherlands   
A stunning and billiant model, I must say. Even with Kolbenstangen attached it runs smoothly on my layout.

UserPostedImage
Frits Osterthun © 2016

Hey, Paris, is that my P10 in your logo?

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Frits Osterthun
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#28 Posted : 03 January 2017 02:34:29(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Hello Fritz

I admire very much your photos (and your site) and I cherish very much your video of the P10 on youtube. To be honest this particular photo and that (P10 youtube video) were the reasons I was lured into that hobby, buying my first loco (a P10). That is why I used this photo ... It means something to me!!!

I hope that I do not offend you in any way. That was never my intention. On the contrary (as already mentioned) I admire your work very much!!! It a reference point of exceptional level!!!

Should my explanation is not satisfactory to you though, I will immediately remove this photo, asking in advance your forgiveness.

Wishing you a very happy new year.

Regards

Paris

P.S. Very happy to read that you are happy with your 37588!!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#29 Posted : 03 January 2017 02:50:33(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   

Hey, Paris, is that my P10 in your logo?

Fritz, I understand that I do create you a problem ... so I already changed my logo ... using one of my low quality photo.

Sorry again.

Regards

Paris
Offline Frits Osterthun  
#30 Posted : 03 January 2017 15:38:19(UTC)
Frits Osterthun

Netherlands   
Χαίρε!, Paris,

Thanks for your kind reply.
Your inventio while using this specific picture is clear to me. I appreciate your kind words added.
The more since my video and pictures seem to have triggered you in buying these specific models.
I think that's awesome.
So, keep up the good work.

I'll take your logo as an hommage to my work.
Feel free to - exceptionally - (re)use it.

Yours,
Frits

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Frits Osterthun
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#31 Posted : 03 January 2017 19:02:24(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   

Χαίρε (!!!) Fritz,

Sir ... you are a true gentleman!!! Thank you for your reply and your understanding. I feel really privileged to EXCEPTIONALLY be allowed to use your photo on my logo again!!! I really pay homage to your exceptional work!!!

Please continue your great work and passion on miniature locomotives!!! Your photos and your comments are a true treasure!!!

Can't wait to see up close the new Marklin 37588.

Best Regards

Paris

Offline franciscohg  
#32 Posted : 31 January 2017 20:34:33(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi all, due to postage and customs my 37588 just arrived today, and i can confirm that it is a great model indeed!
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#33 Posted : 26 August 2017 19:34:55(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Hello Everybody.

Two days ago I had the opportunity to see the 37588 for the first time in the flesh (not photographs but the real thing). I must confess that I am impressed. It is a great model and looks perfect. I am happy to withdraw all my bad comments about this locomotive. She is great!!! So, I immediately ordered it. Hopefully I will be able to collect her in a month or so.

Regards

Paris
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou