Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 08 December 2016 03:44:42(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
A few times a year, I normally send an email to Maerklin's Customer Service department to suggest a few items for consideration as new models. I thought that I would share my latest suggestions with all of you.

The first model that I would like to see is a set of 2 or 3 "Hupac" Sgns flatcars with containers, similar to those in the 47081 Hupac/Vos Logistics Set with assorted containers. I proposed the first one should have a tank container of the Rinnen company along with one from "Bertschi". The second car should have a 45 foot container of "Geest" or "Ge-Ex", both commonly found on the Gotthard and Lotschberg routes. I suggested that the third contain a 40 foot container and a 20ft container.

The second model that I suggested was the Ralpin Couchette coach (ex-SBB) that is normally seen with the 47416-47417 Ralpin Rola cars. This would complete this set and make a nice addition to many collections.

It would also be nice to see an AAE Sgns car set with "Crossrail" and "Ewals" containers to supplement the 37346 and 47070 sets, but I did not make this suggestion at this time.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline rbw993  
#2 Posted : 08 December 2016 16:57:53(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Hi Mike,
How about a Voralpen Express set?

Roger
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 08 December 2016 17:12:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Roger,

as the Voralpen Express (Revvivo) would offer only two variations, either the original 5 coach set or the new two locomotive consist with the NPZ pilot coach added. It would not offer enough variations to make the investment of such a model profitable. It is for this reason that models of these coaches have come from Wabu and HUI in Switzerland at an average cost of around 500 CHF per coach.
The only commercially viable VAE models would be the EWIV (see 42161 or Roco 44346-349/44966-969) or a Liliput model with a pair of RBDe 561 front and rear.
In a few years, the SOB will replace the Revvivo consists with a Stadler FLIRT consist. That model is already announced by HUI, but might also appear from a major company at some point.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline rbw993  
#4 Posted : 08 December 2016 17:17:54(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
I don't believe they would actually do it Mike. Exactly because of the reasons you stated. But I can dream...

Roger
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 09 December 2016 06:06:23(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Well, if you had the 50000 EUR that Goofy was talking about in his post https://www.marklin-user...d-you-do-with-EU-50-000, you could easily afford all the variants that have been announced by HUI, plus the original Wabu version and the Roco EWIV coaches in 1/87 as well as the number of Hag and Roco Re 456 and Re 446 required.

Maybe Maerklin will produce a model of the Stadler Triebzug that will eventually take over the Voralpen Express.

Regards

Mike C