Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Deborail  
#1 Posted : 07 December 2016 08:40:36(UTC)
Deborail

United Arab Emirates   
Dear Friends,
is there a system where I can use my laptop to control the layout in a similar way to the Central Station? My Layout is DCC.

I currently use the CS 60214 but I suspect that it is a bit outdated.

All my locos have decoders, some of the new ones have mLD decoders.
George

Given enough time, tasks manage themselves.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 07 December 2016 10:17:14(UTC)
H0

Hi, George!
Originally Posted by: Deborail Go to Quoted Post
I currently use the CS 60214 but I suspect that it is a bit outdated.
How do you define outdated?
All CS2 (60213/4/5) can use the same software - and the 60215 was sold by Märklin until 2016.
It's a pity they didn't bother to fix some bugs that are known for a long time, neither did they bother to make a thorough speed optimisation for the software. I think many of the delays that occur when switching between different screens could be reduced drastically with software optimisation.
But people would be less enthusiastic about the CS3 if the CS2 was fast and fluent ...

Your laptop cannot provide track power directly, so you need a booster between laptop and track. You can use the CS2 for that purpose.

Maybe evaluate Rocrail, Windigipet, and other programs for computer control of layouts, allowing automatic train operations.

Have you tried the CS2 software on your laptop? You laptop will be a mouse-operated "slave CS2" giving you more throttles (but will not improve automatic train operations).

You can take a Märklin "booster" 6604 or 66045 and run DDW (Windows) or DDL (Linux) or DDx (Rocrail) - this will allow laptop control without using the CS2 anymore.
The CS2 can then be used for the programming track exclusively.
But using the CS2 for laptop control will give you more track power and more options. I do not recommend buying a 6604/66045, but if you have one lying around you can give it a try.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage