Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline scarfo  
#1 Posted : 03 December 2016 17:10:16(UTC)
scarfo

India   
Hello to all members. Does anyone out there know about the simple decoders supplied by marklin such as those in the circus mondolino engine, the starter br80 and other start up locos - I have some which all look the same to me but have different 6 digit codes on them.
I am really looking for a source of these decoders as I doubt they are made by marklin but rather, bought in - probably in China.
In the past I have bought a number of the circus mondolino engines just for the decoder when they were really cheap, probably because of oversupply - now prices on eBay etc are much higher. I know they are very basic with no functions, but they are great for converting older analogue DC locos to marklin 3 rail.
Any help gratefully appreciated
Thanks
Charles.
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 03 December 2016 17:31:43(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Charles,

I suspect they are variations of the decoder found in the 60760 decoder+motor kits.

You can find the decoders on ebay as some people buy the kits just for the motor parts and then sell on the decoders.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
ShamuH0
Offline Shamu  
#3 Posted : 04 December 2016 01:17:38(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
I would almost totally agree with Ray 99.9% for the bulk of the loco's in the starter sets but in regard the circus mondolino engines they are more or less the 0-6-0 generic tanker...... when i popped the lid on one of mine the board was a 1 cm square custom job.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 04 December 2016 08:48:07(UTC)
H0

Märklin is Märklin and they have several boards for the decoders of the 60760 class. They come with cables (60760), with 21MTC connector, for Hobby locos (different versions for TRAXX(ER20 and Ludmilla) and some more variations.

The firmware could be different, optimised for a specific motor type.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline scarfo  
#5 Posted : 04 December 2016 10:07:40(UTC)
scarfo

India   
Many thanks for the feedback so far. I am aware of the decoders which come with the conversion sets and have one or two of these, but as you point out the circus mondolino type is really what I'm after - for the main reason its very small ( about half the size of a standard marklin decoder) and therefore much easier to fit into restricted spaces in small tank locos etc. There are no wiring looms on these, just two wires to the motor, a DC can type with flywheel, a feed via a resistor from the centre pickup, and the ground via the securing screw to the body - thats it! As I said I've used a few so far on various types of DC motors (Piko, Roco, Fleischmann etc) and they seem to handle the demand OK so far despite their size. Someone must make them in reasonable quantity, but the question is who?
Thanks
Charles
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 04 December 2016 11:19:25(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
You're probably best to send an email to the Marklin service Centre asking for a part number and whether they are available. You could then order via your favourite dealer.