Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline chpscott  
#1 Posted : 02 December 2016 22:18:35(UTC)
chpscott

United States   
I am extremely frustrated because I have unsuccessfully attempted basically all day to get my Marklin train running. I guess I am used to simply plugging in the transformer and running the train, but I am finding operating Marklin trains to be much more complicated, and I need some help. I have a starter set number 29532 which has everything I need to run the set, including a mobile system what we call a transformer in the USA. And therein lies the problem. In the process of attempting to synch the numbers and everything else in the system with the loco I got so frustrated that I decided to reset the system and alas subsequently realized that now all the originally factory data is gone. When I turned on the system the letters BR 86 always was there, and they are no longer there.

The question is: Is it possible to restore the original factory setting on my own or do I need to send it somewhere to get restored to original settings?
Obviously if I can do it I need some help with this.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated! I simply want to get this up and running for my Grandchildren this Christmas and it should not be this complicated!

Thanks!

Chpscott
Offline manou  
#2 Posted : 02 December 2016 23:33:21(UTC)
manou

Greece   
Hi,

You have to register the locomotive in the mobile station again. in the manual on pages 4 and 5, chapter Putting a Locomotive into the Locomotive list, describes the procedure. i would start with possibility B entering the number 29532 (i don't remember if the database contains starter sets) and if you fail you can go with possibility C entering the locomotive address which in your case should be 78.

Regards
Yannis

Best Regards
Yannis