Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Jabez  
#1 Posted : 15 November 2016 22:58:21(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
This question is an offshoot from Sirraygraydon's post https://www.marklin-user...n-powering-point-motors.
RayF's answer explains what you should do with the two blue and one yellow wires from the turnout motor and Ben's response confirms that his turnout motors indeed have such a set of wires. This is the classic turnout wiring arrangement that was used in the old M track.
However, the C-track turnout motors that I have bought recently, 74492, have a different wiring arrangement with yellow, orange, and black wires terminating in a black triple plug unit that is clearly designed to fit into the 72752 switch panel.
I have only now realized that this turnout motor is not the only model currently on offer. There is a 74491 as well.

1.Does the 74491 have the classic blue/blue/yellow wiring pattern?
2. Are the yellow/orange/black wires of the 74492 just the equivalents of the above. Which colour is equivalent to which. And if I cut off the black unit plug and insert the individual wires into the appropriate terminals of a classic switch box designed for BBY will it be OK?
Thanks
Jabez.
PS I've been tripped up already by buying an uncoupling rail which has the new wiring with this integral black plug instead of the classic pattern which I later discovered is still on offer. The M catalog is confusing on this as it is on the different turnout motors.
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 16 November 2016 00:17:39(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: Jabez Go to Quoted Post
This question is an offshoot from Sirraygraydon's post https://www.marklin-user...n-powering-point-motors.
RayF's answer explains what you should do with the two blue and one yellow wires from the turnout motor and Ben's response confirms that his turnout motors indeed have such a set of wires. This is the classic turnout wiring arrangement that was used in the old M track.
However, the C-track turnout motors that I have bought recently, 74492, have a different wiring arrangement with yellow, orange, and black wires terminating in a black triple plug unit that is clearly designed to fit into the 72752 switch panel.
I have only now realized that this turnout motor is not the only model currently on offer. There is a 74491 as well.

1.Does the 74491 have the classic blue/blue/yellow wiring pattern?
2. Are the yellow/orange/black wires of the 74492 just the equivalents of the above. Which colour is equivalent to which. And if I cut off the black unit plug and insert the individual wires into the appropriate terminals of a classic switch box designed for BBY will it be OK?
Thanks
Jabez.
PS I've been tripped up already by buying an uncoupling rail which has the new wiring with this integral black plug instead of the classic pattern which I later discovered is still on offer. The M catalog is confusing on this as it is on the different turnout motors.

Checking the Marklin product database I can see that the photo of the 74491 shows the classic two blue + one yellow wiring

http://www.maerklin.de/e...pdb_pi1%5Bsearchres%5D=1

UserPostedImage
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 16 November 2016 08:34:42(UTC)
H0

The difference between 74491 and 74492 is the wiring system.
I don't know how the new colours map to the old colours. But the positions are the same and you can follow the colour pattern on Ray's photo.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Jabez  
#4 Posted : 17 November 2016 01:39:58(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
Thanks, that's what I really needed to know. If it is only a question of wire colours I can determine what's what by simple trial and error without blowing anything up.
Jabez
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams