Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline twmarklinfan  
#1 Posted : 28 October 2016 00:19:42(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Hi All

I am using these signals in a station through a CS2. The station area is divided from the rest of the layout and connected to a booster 60174. Until now the signals have functioned perfectly. This evening I turned the layout on, after the CS2 had gone through its start up routine the signals lit up all showing red which was the setting when I turned the layout off previously.

NOW, I have no control, the signals do not respond to the CS2 keyboard or the track plan. All other points and uncoupling rails in the same division work as they should. Has anyone come across something similar, do I need to reprogram the signals? Crying Crying

Thanks
Adrian
Offline twmarklinfan  
#2 Posted : 29 October 2016 08:54:53(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Very curious, this morning I got up early to try and trouble shoot. Guess what all signals working perfectly when I switched on Confused Confused Confused
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 29 October 2016 09:32:18(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Yep.. Been there done that - not for this specific problem, but similar things..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline marklin61  
#4 Posted : 29 October 2016 10:45:17(UTC)
marklin61

Unfortunately there is a problem with 76xxx signals. ( including version2) I had the same problem and had to send the control boards of all my 76xxx signals back to marklin for a some form of upgrade. I believe there is a problem associated with interference once marklin moved to the mfx system which causes the signals to become unresponsive. I tried many instances of removing the red power feed away from the power feed to my signals only with limited success. After many attempts of trying to resolved the problem and after pulling most of my hair out, I bit the bullet and disconnected 20 odd control boards and sent these back to my dealer who in turn had to send them onto the marklin factory for repair. ( At marklin request) You may get a few days of the signals appearing to work correctly , but believe me the problem is very likely to return.
Steve...............

Life with Pinot Noir, Chocolate and Marklin trains..........
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklin61
Offline Tex  
#5 Posted : 31 October 2016 19:53:58(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Originally Posted by: twmarklinfan Go to Quoted Post
Very curious, this morning I got up early to try and trouble shoot. Guess what all signals working perfectly when I switched on Confused Confused Confused

I have about 12 763XX signals controlled by a 6021 control unit with a keyboard. I find that often one or more of the signals will not respond. When the mast of the nun-responding signal is placed in another location it works fine. Sometimes I have been able to make the signal respond by clearing the 6021 ( pressing both the red and green keys ). I have not completely solved the problem but have changed the wiring on some signals to allow an engine to proceed even when the signal is red. At this time I have only one nun-responding signal and that one is stuck on green. Would like to hear from others on how they respond to similar problems. The signals look so great that I have been able to overlook the fact that they might not do what I tell them what to do! Confused

Tex