Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline trainsman2001  
#1 Posted : 19 October 2016 18:06:16(UTC)
trainsman2001

United States   
Hi everyone, hope you can be of help with an MS2 issue. My MS2 using ver 2.3 software has reverted to using German as its primary language even though English was selected.

When I started up the system this morning my MS2 had lost its memory and I had to have my locos (MFX) reinstalled which the MS2 did on its own. Seeing that the unit was using German when I tried to enter a none mfx locomotive. I went into the MS2 and selected English as the language to use but it still uses German on its readouts. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

At least for the moment I can run my locos but any changes to their running characteristics can not be made due to the use of the German language which I don't read or speak. Thanks, Sandy
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 19 October 2016 19:04:02(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Other languages are stored in one or more language files. Maybe this/these got lost, too.

Do you still have the product database? This might be lost, too.

Time to connect your MS2 to a functions MS2 or a CS2 to get the missing files again.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Minok  
#3 Posted : 19 October 2016 21:11:01(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Other languages are stored in one or more language files. Maybe this/these got lost, too.

Do you still have the product database? This might be lost, too.

Time to connect your MS2 to a functions MS2 or a CS2 to get the missing files again.

There really should be a ROM source the file/data set and a 'restore to factory settings' reset one can do stand-alone to get back up and running. But apparently not.. as Märklin didn't think this was an occurrence that it had to handle. I wonder what caused it to get into this bind.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline trainsman2001  
#4 Posted : 20 October 2016 01:23:46(UTC)
trainsman2001

United States   
Thanks Tom, Minok for your thoughts and suggestions. I don't have access to a CS2 so that possibility is only available if I sent the unit off. There aren't many if any other Marklin train operators nearby that I'm aware of. Also have no idea if the database is there as all information is in German. You are right Minok, Marklin digital does have its drawbacks. Thanks again, Sandy