Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Fernando Perez  
#1 Posted : 07 October 2016 16:56:10(UTC)
Fernando Perez

Australia   
Hi guys.
I will appreciate if you can help me to solve a puzzle with home signals in my layout
I am a bit confused because I am building a layout plan and I have all the C tracks, decouplers and so on and also I bought 3 home signals 7039, 3) signals 7040 and 1) 7041 included in that plan. Apart of that, I bought a Cs2 and 60831 decoders.
My question is:
Can i use the home signals mentioned with Cs2 or I have to upgrade its? If I can do I have to connect de signals directly on the C tracks with spade connectors smaller than the originals in the home signals? Or if I have to upgrade them which numbers do I have to buy?
Thank you guys for your help.
Fernando
Offline Fredrik  
#2 Posted : 07 October 2016 17:50:10(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi Fernando!

You can off-course use these signals with the CS2 by connecting them to your 60831 decoder(s). If you want the signals to interfear (i.e. stop) the trains when red then you need to replace the original "spades" as they are for M-track (unless changed recently). The part # for C-track spade-connectors I can't remember right now - but a.f.a.i.k there is only one type available. Or - you can solder the wires directly to the track(s). If you don't need/want signals to stop the trains - then just don't connect the spade-wires at all.

There is no need to upgrade the CS2 for this, but maybe you will have to feed the 60831 decoder(s) externally from a separate power-supply.
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Fredrik
Offline Fernando Perez  
#3 Posted : 09 October 2016 12:02:44(UTC)
Fernando Perez

Australia   
Thank you Frederick for your quick response. I couldn't thanks you that quick because I was away this weekend.
I am so glad that I can use the signals with my Cs2 and I will take your advice to connect them to stop the trains. With the decoders I was plannig to connect them on my Cs2, when you mentioned to feed them from an external power supply you meaning to another station?
Once again thank you for your help.
Regards
Fernando
Offline Fredrik  
#4 Posted : 09 October 2016 13:00:12(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi again Fernando! :-)

Regarding external power supply - there is an option to feed the 60831 accessory decoder externally by using article #60822 and #66361 (several 60831:s can be supplied by 60822/66361). This to reduce the load of the digital circuit for the tracks. The old style signals m-i-g-h-t require some extra power when switched so it could be a good idea to consider external power supply. But it's not really neccessary with 60831 - it's optional - unless the articles to switch (the signals) require it...

As to stop the trains - my recommendation in digital operation is normally NOT to use the stopping sections of the signals...! I use the signals merely for display and stop the trains myself (or rather by computer control) - then I don't want signal interfearence. ;-) Although it's up to you to use or not!
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline Fernando Perez  
#5 Posted : 10 October 2016 22:48:02(UTC)
Fernando Perez

Australia   
Thank you again Frederick for your quick response, and is a big help for my poor knowledge.
I will see how it work without external power supply on the contrary definitely I will take your advice.
Thank you very much.
Kind regards
Fernando