Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline JohnDMJ  
#1 Posted : 25 September 2016 21:07:37(UTC)
JohnDMJ

United Kingdom   
Good Evening.

First, may I apologise if this question has been raised on this forum before, but a search has not revealed thus. (If it has already been raised, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction!)

I have a CS2 (60215) with hardware 5.1, software 4.1.2(3). It is connected to my network and reports that it receiving a valid IP address from the network's DHCP server.

I also have a Samsung S6 phone on which is loaded the Maerklin MainStation app for use with CS2 (60215) at version 1.04. This, too, is connected, by WiFi, to the same DHCP server and getting a valid IP address in the same subnet as the CS2.

My question is that when I launch the App on my phone, it comes up with a general screen and when clicking the 'info' button, it reports 'Nicht verbunden mit CS2' which, roughly translated, means not bound to a CS2.

Why?

What have I missed?

TIA
J
Warning: Posts can be a source of diabolical puns and bad jokes, but, hey! (Can't take a joke, shouldn't have joined!)
Once upon a time, I couldn't spell 'engineer'; now I are one!
What kind of trainee are you? Loco clicker, loco spotter, stock spotter, track basher, buffer kisser, modeller, model shop spotter, rivet counter? You're all out there!
What you get here is my own view and in no way reflects on the views of my employer.
Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 25 September 2016 21:27:32(UTC)
Webmaster

You may have missed to set up the CAN bus gateway in the CS2.

It should be set to be like eg 192.168.0.255 (if you have 192.168.0.x as your home network range).
In short - your own home network range with 255 as the last IP parameter so the CS2 CAN gateway listens to any address on your home network.

Since you use DHCP also for the CS2, it is the only way to go...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline JohnDMJ  
#3 Posted : 25 September 2016 23:19:22(UTC)
JohnDMJ

United Kingdom   
Thanks for the information!

I checked the CAN Bus setting and it was 192.168.other network.3

I tried 192.168.my network.255 with no effect even after a reset of the CS2.

I'm resetting the CS" now having set CAN to 192.168.my network.182, a non-reserved special address but one outside my DHCP server range. That didn't work, even though all IP addresses wereon the same subnet.

I'm now trying a reboot with CAN off! No change, but I guess, to be expected.

Trying CAN Broadcast, 192.168.mn.182 - no chnge.

Last resort CAN Broadcast to ...255. Finally got there.

App reports Verbunden mit 192.168.my network.64 (the CS!)

Now to play.

Thanks for your guidance!

J
Warning: Posts can be a source of diabolical puns and bad jokes, but, hey! (Can't take a joke, shouldn't have joined!)
Once upon a time, I couldn't spell 'engineer'; now I are one!
What kind of trainee are you? Loco clicker, loco spotter, stock spotter, track basher, buffer kisser, modeller, model shop spotter, rivet counter? You're all out there!
What you get here is my own view and in no way reflects on the views of my employer.