Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Pmare4  
#1 Posted : 21 September 2016 03:57:30(UTC)
Pmare4

Australia   
I was looking at my switch track 5207 recently and I saw that it had a stamp for "Bodmer Schaffhausen" on the bottom. I found that the other switch and power tracks that came with the 5207 had the stamp too.
I have 2 other items with a dealer stamp - a 4035 with a stamp for Franz Carl Weber, and a signal handbook 446 with a stamp for J Searle and Sons.
So, my question is: Does anyone have any other dealer stamps or know what they were used for?

FCW 4035.JPGSearle 446.JPGSchaffhausen 5207.JPG
Peter
Collecting vintage Märklin from 1935-1970, also Hornby O Gauge
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Pmare4
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 21 September 2016 20:38:22(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
They are not dealer stamps (in all cases). The FCW sticker is a price tag, showing that the item was CHF (or back then it was SFr) 11.-.
The Sticker on the 5207 is perhaps that the track was sold as a loose item and the sticker was placed on it to identify it was sold by them.
I have no clue about the 446 with what appears to be a stamp from a shop in Sydney.

Dealers were supposed to stamp the instructions/warranty card so that Maerklin could identify which shop sold the item and on what date. The stamp was to certify the information included in the card.
This has been replaced by requiring a copy of the invoice for warranty service. Back in the day, not all shops gave specific receipts, so the included warranty booklet served that purpose as well.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c