Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Jabez  
#1 Posted : 18 September 2016 02:40:46(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
I have been reading many dozens of posts here and elsewhere dealing with blue transformer issues.
From the safety point of view they all seem to relate to very old models with metal cases and fabric/rubber power cords and removable power plugs which pose an electrocution danger.
From the operating point of view they all seem to deal with classic transformer/loco-controllers with the power boost function to reverse analogue locos and the danger that this may pose for electronic equipment such as decoders.
My situation is this: I have a 1980s vintage 6611 lighting transformer. It is the light blue plastic casing type with integral sealed pvc cord and power plug. It has nominal 16V AC output for lighting and accessories. I am sure it is 100% electrically safe.
I want to use it exclusively to power M-track turnouts, uncouplers, etc on an M-track spur that extends from a C-track digital layout run on an MS2 with its own power supply.
Are there any special precautions I should observe when connecting this trafo to power the M-track turnouts? The M-track centre studs and rails are of course connected via the transition track to the main C-track digital circuit.
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams