Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklin61  
#1 Posted : 06 June 2016 08:03:11(UTC)
marklin61

Hi all,
I know this topic has been explored before with several recommendations posted on the subject. And while I have tried several approaches I am still experiencing difficulties getting my solution to operate reliability.

My problem is, as I add more series 763xx signals to my layout I am getting more reliability issues with a number of my 763xx signals either not responding to my CS2 commands or they intermittently respond on some occasions but not others. All signals are version 2 (with the Red sticker) . My signals are installed with brake modules 72441/72442 and rectifier and are tested and programmed individually with the program track before installing on the layout. I then test the newly installed signal again and check everything functions as it should. The first couple of signals worked flawlessly, but as I added more (now up to only 6 out of 70 needed.!) this is when the reliability issues starts. The pervious working signals then experience the problems as outlined.
If I reconnect the affected signal on its own (and bypass the rest of the layout )it works correctly..!! Go figure..!!
Now having researched pervious posts there are some members running over 30 or so signals reliability. One such post recommended installing a 6021 interface via the 60128 interface to overcome possible CS 2 mfx protocol interfering with signal commands. I have tried this approach but still get the same reliability issues with only 6 signals installed.
Reprogramming or replacing the attached circuit board doesn't seem to change much. What is interesting is some installed signals seem to be more probmatic than others. I have one such signal that seems to work every time yet others prone to failure. I am running my CS 2 with the latest version 4.1.2 , my interface (60128) is running version 1 and my 6021 is running version 1 .
I was trying to avoid sending 70 odd signals back to Germany for what I understand is a needed software fix , but some members here are running a lot more signals than I am, without any problems. So I assume I must be doing something wrong somewhere..!!
Any thoughts would be grateful, otherwise I might just have to bit the bullet and send then to the other side of the planet..!!
Steve...............

Life with Pinot Noir, Chocolate and Marklin trains..........