Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 02 June 2016 12:47:54(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I've been wanting to buy the Marklin 74391 signals, however, they have been unavailable for quite some time - does anyone know if Marklin will have them again, and if so, when.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 02 June 2016 13:04:13(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Noel from Nathan's in Brisbane shows six of them in stock..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Thewolf  
#3 Posted : 03 June 2016 00:29:30(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
I have 12 of it in B/O at Mike.... enough is enough the wait

I have the impression that Marklin loses its professionalism.... it is as new this is items.... olé olé the deliveries

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 03 June 2016 07:48:34(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Thewolf Go to Quoted Post
I have the impression that Marklin loses its professionalism....
I've seen long delays with items that were in the catalogue for years already before Kingsbridge took control.

It was like that more than 10 years ago ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline TrainSupport  
#5 Posted : 07 June 2016 09:56:39(UTC)
TrainSupport

The Marklin 74391 item is available on eBay. I recently checked it. The seller from Italy, the other from Germany.
Offline Thewolf  
#6 Posted : 07 June 2016 15:31:30(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: TrainSupport Go to Quoted Post
The Marklin 74391 item is available on eBay. I recently checked it. The seller from Italy, the other from Germany.

Thank you for the informations...but the available quantity is not important and the cost of shipping...woaww

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline TEEWolf  
#7 Posted : 08 June 2016 01:06:36(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
I've been wanting to buy the Marklin 74391 signals, however, they have been unavailable for quite some time - does anyone know if Marklin will have them again, and if so, when.

Why this signal is not deliverable - I do not know. But I scanned a few online dealer in Germany, where I normally buy my Märklin stuff and nobody can deliver it. One gives the information that on October 4th 2016 it will be availbale again. Here the link:
signal 74391

But he offers an equvalent signal from another supplier, which is availbale
Viessmann signal

And I found it of course at ebay here: ebay signal

But you are aware, that for this Märklin signal, you need the following signal control box from Märklin?
signal control box
Offline TEEWolf  
#8 Posted : 08 June 2016 01:33:30(UTC)
TEEWolf

Thank you for the informations...but the available quantity is not important and the cost of shipping...woaww

Thewolf

Indeed, the shipping costs are very high. But what you should calculate is that here in Germany we have to pay sales taxes of 19%. This tax is always included in the shown price. But when you export an article from Germany, say to Canada, then you get a tax refund for the sales tax, which will 19/119*100 = 15,96% out of the gross price.

E.g. you buy an article for 100 € in a German online shop and export it to Canada. You get a tax refund of 15,96 €. So your price in Canada will be 84,04 € plus shipping costs plus your sales taxes in Canada, if you got such a tax there. Depending on your sales taxes, you may buy even cheaper in Canada via an online shop as I do here in Germany, also your shipping costs will be much higher as mine.

Oh, I forgot. Of course you have the bureaucracy for the tax refund and tax payment in your country.
Offline Minok  
#9 Posted : 09 June 2016 22:45:42(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Thewolf

Indeed, the shipping costs are very high. But what you should calculate is that here in Germany we have to pay sales taxes of 19%. This tax is always included in the shown price. But when you export an article from Germany, say to Canada, then you get a tax refund for the sales tax, which will 19/119*100 = 15,96% out of the gross price.

E.g. you buy an article for 100 € in a German online shop and export it to Canada. You get a tax refund of 15,96 €. So your price in Canada will be 84,04 € plus shipping costs plus your sales taxes in Canada, if you got such a tax there. Depending on your sales taxes, you may buy even cheaper in Canada via an online shop as I do here in Germany, also your shipping costs will be much higher as mine.

Oh, I forgot. Of course you have the bureaucracy for the tax refund and tax payment in your country.

The problem today is that the tax is NOT easily taken off for exports. It used to be easier, but now the tax isn't removed for product shipped out of the country - we as the buyer would have to file a tax refund claim with Germany and I think its now only possible with a total purchase of several hundred euro and up I think. It would be great if the VAT/MWST were removed for a purchase that is shipped out of the EU, but thats wishfull thinking. It would compensate a bit for the €30-40 shipping typically added.

Eg, even ordering a book from Märklin incurs expensive DHL package shipping costs, rather than using the very inexpensive international book/printed matter rates.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134