Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline scraigen  
#1 Posted : 28 March 2016 18:18:05(UTC)
scraigen

While going through my M-track collection I found this item: 5126 a very old, solid third rail double slip. This is the only one I have ever seen, is it unusually rare? Does it have any collectable value for those who collect track from a specific era of Marklin history?

It struck me once again how the older 3 rail stuff whilst un-realistic is built to a tremendously high standard and this particular piece looks indestructible. Rather unusual for a double slip is that you control each pair of switches separately, so there are in fact 2 pairs of solenoids.

Also rather good I thought was that it changes the route state on the black box thingy via levers.

Works perfectly!

UserPostedImage
Must build something
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by scraigen
Offline jvuye  
#2 Posted : 28 March 2016 18:57:46(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: scraigen Go to Quoted Post
While going through my M-track collection I found this item: 5126 a very old, solid third rail double slip. This is the only one I have ever seen, is it unusually rare? Does it have any collectable value for those who collect track from a specific era of Marklin history?

It struck me once again how the older 3 rail stuff whilst un-realistic is built to a tremendously high standard and this particular piece looks indestructible. Rather unusual for a double slip is that you control each pair of switches separately, so there are in fact 2 pairs of solenoids.

Also rather good I thought was that it changes the route state on the black box thingy via levers.

Works perfectly!

Hello Martin
Not particularly rare, as it was one of the mainstay the M-track system, even after there were only "pukos" tracks in the offering.
The early post WW II version for 30 v with single "flip flop" motor is a bit rarer.
As you observed, it's "nuke proof" and will only cause mechanical interference problems with newer/ longer cars, coaches or even some locos.
I jealously keep my supply of these, as I always toy with the idea of constructing a nostalgia solid center rail layout..
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline hennabm  
#3 Posted : 28 March 2016 20:56:01(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi all

I have a couple of the same in the green box. They have been used for many years on my carpetbahns as a child and are indeed bullet proof.

I decided not to use them on my exhibition layout only to accommodate newer cars.

Koll's will indicate any price for these. Looking at the photo the one you have is not pristine and the Koll figure would need adjusting to account for detail.

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by hennabm