Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MikeR  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2015 16:32:20(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
At the Marklin Treff I purchased a sb modellbau motor for my Marklin turntable (part number 22091). After fitting the motor to the turntable, the 7687 decoder indicated a problem and I then discovered that the sb motor is not compatible with the 7687 decoder.

I know that I can purchase a Littfinski decoder which is compatible but I was wondering whether anyone has a workaround for the 7687 decoder? The sb 22091 motor seems to be a lot quicker and quieter than the Marklin equivalent.

In the meantime I have reinstalled the Marklin motor and the turntable is functioning.

I am also interested in how feedback is given to the decoder by the turntable mechanism. Is it the motor switching off when the locking lever actuates that is sensed by the decoder?
Mike
Digital - C track with CS2 and Railroad&Co TrainController; feedback using LocoIO via a Locobuffer
Analog - M track with solid centre rail (after C track layout is complete)
Collect all Eras - especially Crocodiles
Member of ETE
Previously a member of the Marklin Modellers' Group Johannesburg
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2015 20:14:45(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
D.A.Banks
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dave Banks
Offline MikeR  
#3 Posted : 02 November 2015 08:34:38(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Hi Dave

Thanks for the link. I looked through the diagrams and articles but was unable to locate any that related to overcoming my problem.

I am not having any problems connecting my TT to my CS2. The Marklin 7687 decoder is connected to the CS2 and the decoder is connected to the TT. I also have a 3 aspect signal connected to the decoder to give feedback from the decoder. I have programmed my 7687 with the TT track positions and all of the functions available on the CS2 to control the TT work correctly.

My problem arises when I exchange the electric motor that drives the TT bridge for the sb modellbau motor (part number 22091). The decoder moves the TT bridge 1 segment and then flashes the red and yellow lights - indicating a problem. I am unable to resolve the problem other than rebooting the decoder. The sb modellbau site specifically mentions that the 7687 decoder will not work with this motor. I have refitted the Marklin motor and the TT is functioning correctly. It would appear that the easiest solution is to purchase a LDT TT decoder as the sb modellbau site mentions that this decoder works with their motor.

My posting is to establish if anyone has developed a workaround for the problem with the 7687 Marklin decoder and the sb modellbau motor.

Regards
Mike
Digital - C track with CS2 and Railroad&Co TrainController; feedback using LocoIO via a Locobuffer
Analog - M track with solid centre rail (after C track layout is complete)
Collect all Eras - especially Crocodiles
Member of ETE
Previously a member of the Marklin Modellers' Group Johannesburg