Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2014 09:55:24(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
This year, my list to Maerklin included a plea for them to continue with new models in the 282mm series. We are still waiting for the Eurofima and hopefully some IC/EC coaches of the DB, OBB and SBB. My personal wish was for the SBB WRm in red to complete my Trix 23414 FS and added DB coach consist.

I also asked them to widen the selection of 1/100 coaches, including the long anticipated FS Eurofima in orange, the DB Bvmz185 and others in various liveries, correct renditions for OBB EC coaches ADmpsz, WRmz, etc. They could do a DB WRmz137 which is also in use with the OBB.
I also suggested that they bring back some models of Sleeping cars and couchette coaches. I should have asked for the RAlpin ex-Eurofima which would go well with the 47416/47417 Set and the 28486 BLS Re 486. My personal request in this category was for a rebuilt SBB EWIV A as the EWIV AS, which replaces the baggage car on many EWIV consists, so I could finally complete my 42169, 42164 and 42166/42179 sets.

I did not make any locomotive requests at this time. It might be interesting to see a red Ae 6/6 with the modified windshield (like the 37360). It would also be nice if Maerklin could develop an Ae 4/7 based on the nice job they did with the Ae 8/14.

As far as international models, I would like to see a MRCE Taurus with the Swiss Package (3 Pantographs, etc) for container trains. I'm sure a lot of people would think it would be nice to see a DB BR 115 for DB Autozug/DB Nachtzug. I will have to submit some more suggestions later this year.

I hope that the requests that I submitted will get forwarded to the correct department.

Regards

Mike C

Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 07 February 2014 10:44:08(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Mike,

Do you ever get a reply from Marklin?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 08 February 2014 03:25:14(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I usually get the automated reply that they have received the message and have received a "thank you for your suggestions" email a few times, assuring me that they will be "forwarded to the responsible person"

On a few occasions, I have seen a model come out the next year or the year after that was one of the ones that had been on my list.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 12 February 2014 00:43:09(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
Sehr geehrter Herr C,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail und den darin gemachten Vorschlägen.

Wir haben Ihre Anregungen an unser Produktmanagement weitergeleitet. Sie können sich vorstellen, dass die Wünsche unserer weltweiten Kunden nicht nur recht zahlreich, sondern vor allem auch sehr unterschiedlicher Art sind. Da wir unsere Sortimente jedoch aus verschiedenen Gründen nicht unbeschränkt wachsen lassen können, muss jedes Jahr eine sorgfältige Auswahl der Neuheiten getroffen werden. Bitte haben Sie daher Verständnis, dass wir heute noch nichts darüber sagen können, inwieweit wir Ihren Vorschlag zur Ergänzung unseres Sortimentes Märklin realisieren und als Neuheit zukünftig anbieten werden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr Kundenberater
Markus S
Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH
Kundenservice
Postfach 960
D-73009 Göppingen

Dear Mr C:

Thank you for your email and for your proposals.

Your suggestions have been forwarded to the product management. You can imagine that the wishes of our global customers are not only numerous, but above all are also greatly varied. Because we can't expand our product line without limits, a careful selection of the New Items must be made every year. We therefore regret that we can't say anything right now about how we might implement your proposal to expand our Märklin assortment and what we will offer as a new models in the future.

… and now we wait for January 2015…

Regards

Mike C
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 12 February 2014 02:29:10(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Mike, have you ever considered writing back and saying: would you consider if I apply for a position in the NEW department to hurry things along and get the ball rolling so my considerations and suggestions are actually monitored ?BigGrin

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline TimR  
#6 Posted : 13 February 2014 09:05:43(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
It would also be nice if Maerklin could develop an Ae 4/7 based on the nice job they did with the Ae 8/14.

Yeah, I always wondered why Marklin haven't make an Ae4/7...
This model shares somewhat similar outline (and wheels arrangement) to one part of Marklin's own Ae 8/14 road number 11801.

(the later two Ae 8/14 are of different shape, Roco already made them)

Would've been more versatile to use in layouts, more livery selections, as there are 127 examples of Ae4/7 ever make...
AND... these models spanned their life from 1924 - 1996.... great potentials...

Whereas Ae 8/14 (11801) is in the same boat as a BR 05-003 -- only one example ever built in real life,
thus shared the same limitation in paint job, and a more restrictive Era.

The problem is, of course, Marklin's current motor selection won't bring justice to any new model they make.

In current condition, I would prefer Marklin to make new Ae 4/7 with DCM motor.
Now collecting C-Sine models.