Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mixy  
#1 Posted : 05 November 2013 19:27:25(UTC)
Mixy

Bulgaria   
Hello all :)

There is a new website for collect together track plans and layouts in all scales and sizes, build with SCARM planning software. Here is the link:

Free Model Train Layouts & Track Plans

Most of the content in the site is created by SCARM users and sent to me by e-mail. Some of the layouts are already presented in SCARM blog, but there are new projects and more will come soon. At the moment, I am editing and uploading all stuff, but in the near future I plan to add support for user registrations, so everybody to be able to create an account and to upload projects in the site.

You can browse the projects in the site or search and filter the track plans by several criteria, such as “scale”, “size”, “trackage” and so on. In example, you can search for all track plans in Z scale or for all plans and layouts with Marklin tracks in all scales, listed in the site.

Every project has its own page, where it is presented with more pictures, described with many parameters (such as minimum radius, maximum grade, suitable traffic, etc.) and sometimes explained by me or by its author. All (or almost all) published layouts will have corresponding SCARM files ready to be downloaded from the links at bottom in the layout’s page. There is also an option for each project to be rated with rating stars from 1 to 5 – this is located below the description.

The site is also optimized for smartphones and tables, so you can browse it almost anywhere and anytime. However, some pictures may not look very detailed on small phone screens, but in overall you can get a good impression even from 320×480 resolution displays.

At the moment, there is no option for commenting below the layouts, but such feature may appear in the future. The site is now in beta state and needs to be used for some period in real environment to see how it performs, is it easy and useful, etc. So please, try it and comment here what do you think about it.

And if you have some cool SCARM layout or track plan that you want to share with others, just send your .scarm project file to me at UserPostedImage.

Hope you will like the site and will get many ideas from it even if you don’t use SCARM :)

Mixy
Author of SCARM
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by Mixy
Offline Mixy  
#2 Posted : 19 August 2016 18:52:33(UTC)
Mixy

Bulgaria   
There are more than 25 Marklin Railroad Layout Designs already published in the site. Here are two recent plans in HO:

Marklin HO C-track Layout 205x120

UserPostedImage

Nostalgic Marklin HO M-Track Layout

UserPostedImage

Mixy
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Mixy