Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BarneyG  
#1 Posted : 13 June 2005 02:07:38(UTC)
BarneyG

Hi all,

I have just been given an old 7186 turntable. Not sure how old, but it is the metal one with the solid third rail that can be laid on the layout without needing a hole, and has 7 or 8 (from memory) entry/exit tracks. All the power connections are still ok and it rotates manually through 360 deg without a problem. The problem is it doesn't have a motor anymore. Is anyone aware of a motor (marklin spare part or otherwise) that is suitable for this turntable so that I can get it going again. It really is a beauty and given that it didn't cost me anything, I am happy to pay a few $$$ to get it functioning again. It is certainly cheaper than a new one.
I have done a search on this site and located some info about changing the motor on the 7286, but not the 7186.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
David
M Track, Delta
Offline Maxi  
#2 Posted : 13 June 2005 02:35:02(UTC)
Maxi

Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive that the motor used in the 7186 turntable is the same as what is used in the locomotives. Also I seem to recall that even a 5 pole motor would work and also made the turntable operate a lot quieter.

Searching the internet turned up the following part number
402220 MOTOR/RELAY ASSY FOR 7186

Hope this helps.

Maxi
Offline BarneyG  
#3 Posted : 13 June 2005 05:28:07(UTC)
BarneyG

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Maxi

Searching the internet turned up the following part number
402220 MOTOR/RELAY ASSY FOR 7186

Hope this helps.

Maxi

Hi Maxi,
Great assistance - thanks very much. Have also found now an exploded diagram of the 7186 on one of the other linked pages here, so I'm tentatively hopeful that we might be able to get it going again, if the parts are still available.

Many thanks,

David
M Track, Delta
Offline BarneyG  
#4 Posted : 23 June 2005 07:58:14(UTC)
BarneyG

Hi all,

getting closer. Can anyone tell me what a schlelferplatte is? The picture I have is a bit hazy and I think the part description of the part I require is this one. it should translate to some thing like contact plate or power plate, I am thinking.
David
M Track, Delta
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#5 Posted : 23 June 2005 09:50:08(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

You mean Schleifer, don't you? My poor german tells 'sliding plate' or something. To be corrected.
Offline MärCo  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2005 10:30:57(UTC)
MärCo

”schlelferplatte” is the current pickup, or the plate that makes connection to it.
The same as under your locomotive. There is a current pickup, and on the locomotive frame there is a brass plate that makes connection to the current pick up.
Absolutly AFB-NOHAB fan ;-)
Offline BarneyG  
#7 Posted : 23 June 2005 14:09:38(UTC)
BarneyG

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by MärCo
<br />”schlelferplatte” is the current pickup, or the plate that makes connection to it.
The same as under your locomotive. There is a current pickup, and on the locomotive frame there is a brass plate that makes connection to the current pick up.

Thanks MarCo. That's exactly what I was hoping it said, just wasn't sure which part the arrow was pointing to. Now to hope Marklin still have it in stock.....
David
M Track, Delta
Offline MärCo  
#8 Posted : 23 June 2005 16:17:27(UTC)
MärCo

Just try it. I am always surprised that Märklin keeps often old spare parts in stock.
Absolutly AFB-NOHAB fan ;-)