Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline klafleur3  
#1 Posted : 18 July 2013 17:01:55(UTC)
klafleur3

United States   
Can anyone help me? I want to connect a Marlin 7186 turntable to a digital layout.

The 2 button controller that came with the turntable has 4 plugs. 2 red ones, 1 yellow one ,and a gray one,

The turntable has 4 plugs too. 2 red ones, 1 gray one, and a brown one,

The documentation said to plug the 2 red and gray plugs of the controller to the 2 red and gray plug of the turntable. Next, connect the yellow plug on the controller to the yellow distrbution strip that run my lights. But it doesn't say anything about connecting the brown plug on the turntable. Also, I assume the connections in the documentation is for an analog track system.

I do have my switches running in analog mode and my track/trains running in digital mode. So, I could connect the turntable analog or digital, but I wasn't sure if I hook up the turntable in analog mode it would work since the track/trains are running in digital mode.

So, what wire do I connect where? Also, do I need to connect the brown plug on the turntable to the brown accessory plug of the transformer or to the distribution strips that feed power to the digital tracks? Wasn't sure...

Please advise. Thanks

Ken
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 18 July 2013 17:38:27(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, dont know of the 7186 but it may be similar to the 7286, so....
For running the TT analog in a digital layout, all you have to do is check that you give power to the tracks from the digital power and to the TT motor from the light transformer. With a common ground.
I have found this scheme on the net, hope it helps
franciscohg attached the following image(s):
draaischijf7186.jpg
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg