Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#1 Posted : 31 May 2013 07:41:40(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hey everyone,

I have a few days of work in München coming up, and I'm looking forward to a little train time while there. I know the shop Gleis11 in the train station quite well, but does anyone know a good place selling secondhand Marklin in the München area? Advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
-John

Edited by moderator 21 January 2020 21:49:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SBB Era 2-5
Offline Frankenbahner  
#2 Posted : 31 May 2013 10:58:31(UTC)
Frankenbahner

Take bus 52 from "Marienplatz" to "Tiergarten", and get of at "Humboldtstraße". There's a second hand model train store located directly at the bus stop. I've been there some time ago, but unfortunately can't remember the shop's name and exact postal adress (sorry for this).

"Modellbahn Caesar" near the East Station (Ostbahnhof, served by all S-Bahn lines and line 19 tram) has some second hand stuff too.

Or try the "Gruber Events" swap markets, but note that these markets take place at locations "some way out of town", and their Gräfeling event mainly concentrates on Trix and Minitrix stuff.

Regards,
Florian
H0 3-rail AC with DCC, MM and mfx, 2-rail DC streetcars, and N gauge
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 31 May 2013 19:41:33(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I would start with Gleis11 right near the Bahnhof. I don't know if they stock "used" as well as new, but I am sure that the staff can point you in the right direction. They will know of any "swap meets" or other events during the time that you are there.

Regards

Mike C
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 31 May 2013 22:45:41(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Thanks guys! Caesar is squarely on the radar for the trip.
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Munich 1860  
#5 Posted : 31 May 2013 23:49:18(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
John,

you might take a look here:

http://www.spielart-muenchen.de/home.html

Many regards,

Hans
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#6 Posted : 02 June 2013 20:32:58(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Thanks Hans! that isn't far from my office so I'll make that a stop as well!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#7 Posted : 11 June 2013 15:26:53(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Just an update, I did some train hunting today.

Gleis 11 was great, I left with Koll books and some desperately needed Roco servicing parts. And most importantly a roco track cleaning eraser!

Modelbahn caesar was a fun stop, and a packed shop full of cool stuff! No purchases tho due to a tight budget and nothing used of interest.

I'm off to the Spielart shop tomorrow I think...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Winterblade73  
#8 Posted : 11 June 2013 15:32:34(UTC)
Winterblade73

United States   
My cousin found some stuff on sale at the department store Karstadt's when he was visiting Europe over last summer.
Phil from SoCal
Member of ETE SoCal since 2011
ETE SoCal Facebook Page
Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (CFL) Era III-VI
Offline Frankenbahner  
#9 Posted : 11 June 2013 16:11:58(UTC)
Frankenbahner

Karstadt in Munich often sells stuff which would otherwise only be availble within sets.

So I you look for example for a loco from a starter set, Karstadt might be a good adress.

Regards,
Florian
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#10 Posted : 11 June 2013 17:07:15(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Good to know! Which shop of theirs? Google shows 3 in town
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Winterblade73  
#11 Posted : 11 June 2013 17:55:37(UTC)
Winterblade73

United States   
München Bahnhofplatz
Bahnhofplatz 7 80335 München

I think this is the one. Whichever is in the main part of town, possibly by a station.
Phil from SoCal
Member of ETE SoCal since 2011
ETE SoCal Facebook Page
Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (CFL) Era III-VI
Offline Frankenbahner  
#12 Posted : 11 June 2013 20:07:55(UTC)
Frankenbahner

That's the one, located just across the street from the central station. The model train department is on the top floor near the restaurant.

Regards,
Florian
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#13 Posted : 13 June 2013 15:28:48(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Well, I've been to Spielart twice in two days... BigGrin Blink Drool

What a great shop! I'm amazed I've never heard of it as it was a treasure trove of old Marklin! They had literally tons of old wierd and used; just my kind of place! Also tons of old model cars as well. I highly recommend it.

Budget dictated minimal purchases. I could have spent a fortune. Day one I bought a pair of Roco Italian FNM passenger cars I've literally been scouring the globe looking for to complete my set. (Images when I'm back in the USA)

Today I had to go back and buy a mint 4082/4083 pair of silverlinge coaches. I already have the earlier 4042/4043s, and these with the different windows can lengthen that train. He had the baggage car with light, but at 55euro it way way too pricy. (albiet mint in box)

Leaving Germany tonight so no luck getting to Karstadt...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline DaleSchultz  
#14 Posted : 20 January 2020 02:54:15(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
I am going to be back in Munich for the first time in 26 years this March... for 5 days... (March 13 - 18)

So I too am looking for shops especially, secondhand shops...

Anyone know if SpeilArt is still be there? http://www.spielart-muenchen.de/ seems to be gone....

I know of:

• Gleis 11
  • modellbahncentrum (Modelbahn caesar)
  • Obletter
  • Märklin Store München (in Karstadt)
  • Modellbahnprofis Riffler e.K. (Feldmochinger Straße 35)

I have also found Eisenbahnparadies Oberschleißheim which is open Thursday and Friday afternoons...

Spiel und Technik Schoch appears to have moved. Anyone know where it is now?
Modellbahn Lay also seems to be closed.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline TEEWolf  
#15 Posted : 20 January 2020 04:18:46(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: DaleSchultz Go to Quoted Post
I am going to be back in marklin-users.netch for the first time in 26 years this March... for 5 days... (March 13 - 18)

Anyone know if SpeilArt is still be there? http://www.spielart-muenchen.de/ seems to be gone....

I know of:

• Gleis 11
  • Obletter

I have also found Eisenbahnparadies Oberschleißheim which is open Thursday and Friday afternoons...

What the hell is "marklin-user.netch" as in the thread title listed?

Oh no - ADMINs what is it? Ahhhh - I found it! I write "Munich" it is converted to marklin-user.netch. So I changed to München and München remains.

I think this "netch" is rubbish. My dictionary and myself do not know an English word "netch". Please alter it. Whereas, if I write "MUN" this is then correctly converted to "marklin-user.net". This you can keep as it is - thx.

Hello Dale,

some addresses for München - Please be aware about their opening hours. Some dealers have strange ones. When I visited them, their door was closed, even in winter at daylight.Laugh

http://www.modellbahncentrum.de/

https://www.bwbahn.de

how to get to bwbahn by public transportation I described in this thread

https://www.marklin-user...Special-offer-at-BW-Bahn

at post #35. BWBahn is down in the cellar a huge shop of about 500 square meters. Sometimes he has used modells, but I found old modells there.

https://www.maerklin-store-muenchen.com/

Maerklin store is right across the street of the central station in Muenchen at Karstadt on the 4th floor. Beside the shop in the shop is also a nice self-service restaurant for a break.Smile

Be aware at the moment the central station in Muenchen is totally under construction. But the shop "Gleis 11" is easily accessible from the South side entrance at Bayerstraße for platform 11.

http://www.eisenbahnparadies-osh.de/

https://www.modellbahnprofis.de/de/

Regards

Wolfgang
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline PJMärklin  
#16 Posted : 20 January 2020 09:49:29(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
I am going to be back in marklin-users.netch for the first time in 26 years this March... for 5 days... (March 13 - 18)

I know of:

• Gleis 11
  • Obletter

Hello Dale,

I found Karstadt München Bahnhofsplatz (of which you are aware)
helpful and bought some items there in June 2014. No secondhand.
They were frequent with providing the papers to reclaim VAT on departure.

Have fun in München,

Regards,

PJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline mike c  
#17 Posted : 21 January 2020 02:18:13(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The marklin-users.netch is because the M.U.N. is interpreted as a shortcut for marklin-users.net and the ch is appended as those were the letters after the link.
Writing Muenchen or München or Monaco (DE) will prevent future occurrences. I don't know why the 'I" disappears.

I wonder what happens if you type munchkin. So much for the lollypop guild

While there, you can also check out BW Bahn: Rohrauerstraße 70, 81477 München, Germany

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline TEEWolf  
#18 Posted : 21 January 2020 20:31:49(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
The marklin-users.netch is because the M.U.N. is interpreted as a shortcut for marklin-users.net and the ch is appended as those were the letters after the link.
Writing Muenchen or München or Monaco (DE) will prevent future occurrences. I don't know why the 'I" disappears.

I wonder what happens if you type marklin-users.nethkin. So much for the lollypop guild

While there, you can also check out BW Bahn: Rohrauerstraße 70, 81477 München, Germany

Regards

Mike C

Well, the transition from the shortcut "MUN" into marklin-user.net is functioning. M.U.N. I do not kow. But the city in English is "MUNICH" and what is a "netch"?
Offline DaleSchultz  
#19 Posted : 21 January 2020 20:57:42(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
FFS can an admin please edit the title to M.u.n.i.c.h./Munich/München/M.ü.n.c.h.e.n./M_ü_n_c_h_e_n

why do people have to discuss side-effect bugs of the medium and destroy the thread?
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline mike c  
#20 Posted : 21 January 2020 21:31:40(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
FFS can an admin please edit the title to M.u.n.i.c.h./Munich/München/M.ü.n.c.h.e.n./M_ü_n_c_h_e_n

why do people have to discuss side-effect bugs of the medium and destroy the thread?

Dale,

why are you bringing SBB, CFF or FFS into this?

Regards

Mike C

Offline mike c  
#21 Posted : 21 January 2020 21:38:11(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Well, the transition from the shortcut "MUN" into marklin-user.net is functioning. M.U.N. I do not kow. But the city in English is "MUNICH" and what is a "netch"?

I typed M.U.N. because if I would have typed the letters without the periods, it would have changed them into Marklin-Users.net.

As I stated above, the netch is because it inserted the hyperlink but kept the ch from the city name. I don't know what happened to the 'I'

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#22 Posted : 21 January 2020 21:53:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Heading amended.

Situation is caused because some folks were persisting in using M.U.N as the forum name, so an entry was placed in the forum's swear word filter to insert the full forum name when the abbreviation was used. However, there are always unintended consequences...
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline TEEWolf  
#23 Posted : 21 January 2020 22:19:06(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hello Dale,

I am with you. On the other hand the old title was more than misleading. Also I do not want to solve a puzzle first, before understanding the intention of a thread. In your case it was even worst. For what stands a word like "netch"?

Sorry, I only wanted clarity and not to destroy this thread, especially it was relaunched after 7 years. And do I have to know you are returning to München after 26 years?BigGrin. Wish you a pleasant stay in München. I always enjoy my stays in München, especially visiting one or two of the many still remaining MRR shops there.

Regards

Wolfgang
Offline mike c  
#24 Posted : 22 January 2020 00:41:08(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
For what stands a word like "netch"?

As I already stated:

You asked
Quote:
"What the hell is "marklin-user.netch" as in the thread title listed?

Oh no - ADMINs what is it? Ahhhh - I found it! I write "Munich" it is converted to marklin-user.netch. So I changed to München and München remains.

I think this "netch" is rubbish. My dictionary and myself do not know an English word "netch". Please alter it. Whereas, if I write "MUN" this is then correctly converted to "marklin-user.net". This you can keep as it is - thx.

I answered:
"The 'marklin-users.netch' is because the M.U.N. is interpreted as a shortcut for marklin-users.net and the ch is appended as those were the letters after the link... I don't know why the 'I" disappears."

You then asked the same question again...

Quote:

To which I answered (again) "As I stated above, the netch is because it inserted the hyperlink but kept the ch from the city name. I don't know what happened to the 'I'"

and you still ask a third time.

So, one more time... When you type M+unich, the system interprets the letters M+Un as a shortcut for marklin-users.net. It then replaces those three letters with the name of the forum and appends the remaining letters (ch) from the City name at the end. I don't know why the letter 'I' disappears, leaving only the marklin-users.net+ch or marklin-users.netch as the text.

Hopefully it is now understood. Now if I could only stop my Mac from converting Marklin into Marlin. This is not a fishing forum.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mike c