Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 25 April 2013 20:57:22(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hello all,

We were running my locos today with my sons. I noticed that my mfx locos don't show that mfx logo in CS2 display. What can cause this? Some time ago I noticed this same thing with my 37967 BR96 Mallet (mfx). Today with 37154 CFL (mfx) and 29680 Swiss starter set Crocodile (mfx).

Has it something to do with that if I have changed the loco name or something else? Locos are otherwise functioning like they should. But I noticed also that the sound volume adjustment was not working from that 37154 loco setup page. All my mfx locos decoders can not be defected, so this is quite strange Glare .

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2013 00:18:31(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hi Janne,

Which "CS2 Display" are you referring to please?

Are you referring to the main "Control" pane with the speed dials
or the Loco selection pane with the 30 (6x5) images.

In the "Control" pane, you will only see the mFX icon (just below the speed dials) when there is a new loco added that the CS2 has not registered before. When this appears (under both dials) it is simply asking you "which throttle (left or right) do you want to start using this new loco?". Once you have made your selection the loco is added to the CS2 registry/roster , and the mFX button disappears (until you add the next new loco).
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Janne75  
#3 Posted : 28 April 2013 15:29:24(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Hi Janne,

Which "CS2 Display" are you referring to please?

Are you referring to the main "Control" pane with the speed dials
or the Loco selection pane with the 30 (6x5) images.

In the "Control" pane, you will only see the mFX icon (just below the speed dials) when there is a new loco added that the CS2 has not registered before. When this appears (under both dials) it is simply asking you "which throttle (left or right) do you want to start using this new loco?". Once you have made your selection the loco is added to the CS2 registry/roster , and the mFX button disappears (until you add the next new loco).

Thanks Peter! ThumpUp

This "problem" is then "solved". I mean in that CS2 loco controlling page with speedo meters just like you wrote. I have thought that those mfX symbols should be visible always, so this one was because of my ignorance.

So nothing is wrong then with my mfX locos except that CFL locos sound volume can not be adjusted. Not at least at main track as I have not tried yet at programming track.

Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline Webmaster  
#4 Posted : 09 January 2014 17:29:58(UTC)
Webmaster

Happened to me today too... Thought I had disabled mfx by pressing that icon... BigGrin

Did a search on Google and found the first answer hit here in our forum of course.... Blushing ThumpUp
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster