Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline federicofreundt  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2013 04:48:16(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
I really don´t undertand what is going on.
All the trains are now running. Be confident that the two mobile stations are connected as main and slave.
The 1.9 is plugged in the main slot and the 1.2v in the slave switch.
I do not know what can happen again when I disconnect the transformer from the outlet.

Edited by moderator 22 February 2013 02:26:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2013 06:07:40(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Frederico, welcome to the forum,

With more information it would help to understand your concern, yor sentence is written in the present but nothing tells us what happened in the past

possible course, look at the pins and see if they are all straight and none of them are bend, make sure the plug is pushed in properly, make sure your tracks are clean.

regards.,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 21 February 2013 06:34:30(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Federico,

what happens when only the main is connected (and the slave is disconnected)?
If every thing works normally, then we know that the problem is likely with the slave or with the setup.

Regards

Mike C
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 21 February 2013 21:45:40(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi and Welcome to the forum Federico.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline federicofreundt  
#5 Posted : 22 February 2013 02:05:12(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
Im sorry, I created a new topic and didnt paste what I originally put in the first one. Here it is.

Trains were working up to last week. All of the sudden they do not run when operated with 60651 1.9v nor with it and 50652 1.2v as slave. I have eight locos altogether.
Sometimes with luck working with 60651 trains run.
All work with the 32 volts transformer.

Could it be the feeder track?
When I had then running lately sometimes I had to have the two mobile stations connected. Now simply they do not run with the mobile station regardless one or the two plugged to the box of the feeder track.
Could you be so kind to help me out?
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 22 February 2013 02:28:56(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The 24088 feeder track has two wires, one red the other brown, going from the control box to the track. Check whether one or both of these wires has become disconnected from the track.
Offline federicofreundt  
#7 Posted : 22 February 2013 02:35:55(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

With more information it would help to understand your concern, yor sentence is written in the present but nothing tells us what happened in the past

possible course, look at the pins and see if they are all straight and none of them are bend, make sure the plug is pushed in properly, make sure your tracks are clean.

regards.,

John

John:

Right now all trains are running and the main and slave are connected. I can guess that if the slave is disconnected, once againm trains won´t go.

At the present time all the layout is disconnected. The trains are working properly.
Do you suggest to disconnect the slave to watch what happens?
If trains nor mobile station lights what would I have to do?
I appreciate your welcoming to the forum I be certain that your help will do fine to my expectations.
Regards,
Federico

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Federico,

what happens when only the main is connected (and the slave is disconnected)?
If every thing works normally, then we know that the problem is likely with the slave or with the setup.

Regards

Mike C

Mike:

As before I believe no train will run. Tomorrow when I have time after working hours I will try this again to see what happens , then I´ll be back with you to comment. Please accept my gratitude for your great help you are allowing me to sort out many doubts.
Regards,
Federico

Regards,
Offline federicofreundt  
#8 Posted : 01 April 2019 17:29:04(UTC)
federicofreundt

Peru   

regards.,

John

Please could you give me information on how to clean the rails and with what? 3 in 1 apparently does not work properly.

thank you.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by federicofreundt
Online kimballthurlow  
#9 Posted : 02 April 2019 10:26:19(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: federicofreundt Go to Quoted Post

Please could you give me information on how to clean the rails and with what? 3 in 1 apparently does not work properly.

thank you.

Hi Federico,

Cleaning the rails and the centre pukos is best done with a track rubber if you can purchase one.
They are usually available in hobby shops under the brand Maerklin, Fleischmann, Peco or Atlas.
Or you can use a very fine sandpaper or emery paper (grit #1200 to 2000) also available in hobbby shops.
(Track rubber leaves a fine rubber particle residue which needs vacuuming, which is why I prefer the grit paper).

In my opinion "3 in 1" (or any other oil) is not recommended on the track, as it collects fine particles which hinder electrical conductivity.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#10 Posted : 02 April 2019 11:30:07(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Views messages in topic : 344
Originally Posted by: federicofreundt Go to Quoted Post

regards.,

John

thank you.

I have a Marklin track cleaning car that is almost permanently connected to my "yard goat" - a V60 lok. I put Deluxe Materials Track Magic on the pads and run the little train over my layout once a week. Keeps everything tickety-boo!
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by LongHairedDavid
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 02 April 2019 11:35:27(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I wouldn't use sandpaper - fine grit or otherwise to clean tracks as this would remove any protective coating on the rails. Better to clean with something that evaporates and leaves no residue such as electrical contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and elbow grease.

Oil of any type would be the worst thing to apply for the reasons stated by Kimball.
Offline David Dewar  
#12 Posted : 02 April 2019 12:22:40(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
The usual track rubber is my choice and appears to work well. I have the Roco one.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline hxmiesa  
#13 Posted : 02 April 2019 14:07:45(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
I think this has been covered in so many threads already ;-)

I use a wooden block. Sometimes I use 3-in-1 (WD40) if something has to be dissolved. -But I always wipe clean after use, with a dry cloth.

In any event I really never clean the rails anyway. My "gunk" seem to build up more in the wheels than on the rails. Go figure...
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline dickinsonj  
#14 Posted : 02 April 2019 14:49:25(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post

In any event I really never clean the rails anyway. My "gunk" seem to build up more in the wheels than on the rails. Go figure...

I have noticed the same thing with the wheels Henrik.

I periodically clean my track with just a cloth and some isopropyl alcohol which works well and does not leave a residue. When more muscle is required I use a track rubber, followed by the alcohol to remove debris. I have recently begun to use a Märklin track cleaning car and every time I check, the pads need changed because they are already dirty.

But I still find wheels with so much gunk on them that they look like they are trying to become traction tires. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj