Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MilesT  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2013 14:13:15(UTC)
MilesT

Hi all,

I don't believe that Märklin ever made a tinplate set to go with the 3073 (British Warship), does anyone know of some appropriate coaches for this loco to pull? I was thinking Hornby would be the most likely manufacturer, but since I don't really know about other manufacturers, I thought I would toss it to the forum. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by user 29 January 2013 22:43:37(UTC)  | Reason: Cleaning up some terrible english

Regards,
Selim
Analog, M-Track, Eras I-IV
Offline Paul59  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2013 21:31:36(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Hi Selim.
Hornby Dublo made tinplate coaches during the 1950s in either British Railways Maroon colour or British Railways Western region Chocolate and Cream livery. Both would be correct for the Warship.
In the early sixties they made their 'super detailed' coaches in the same liveries but with more detail. They still had tinplate sides but with plastic roofs, coach ends and running gear. They look good but had plastic wheels for use on both two and three rail and didn't tend to run as well (in my opinion).

I prefer the older all tinplate ones with the metal wheels for three rail. They run nice with a lovely 'clattery' sound.
You'd have to modify one of the couplings to suit the loco.

Try a search in UK EBay under 'Hornby Dublo Coach' or 'Hornby Dublo coach western'. There should be numerous on there and aren't very expensive.
Don't forget the 'Dublo' in your search though or you'll get modern Hornby which is a different company.

Good hunting
Paul
Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Paul59
Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 02 February 2013 00:35:22(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
How about the Marklin "Hogwarts Express" coaches. They would go with the Warship loco and they already have Marklin couplers and wheels.

UserPostedImage
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline MilesT  
#4 Posted : 02 February 2013 18:42:23(UTC)
MilesT

Thanks for the replies Paul and Ray. I like the older tinplate as well, so may just go the Hornby Dublo route. Looks like a good solution. I like the Hogwarts idea as well; it looks like a nice set.

Options, options..BigGrin
Regards,
Selim
Analog, M-Track, Eras I-IV
Offline Maurice  
#5 Posted : 23 February 2017 20:22:51(UTC)
Maurice

New Zealand   
Hi,
Did you ever try some Dublo coaches and if so what did you do about the incompatible couplers? I have seen Dublo rolling stock used with a Triang converter wagon in a Hornby / Triang layout but not used with Marklin style couplers.

I have a Warship and run it with a 47950 4MFOR British Army on the Rhine carriage set.
Offline Markus Schild  
#6 Posted : 24 February 2017 00:06:21(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Selim,

In Germany often FLEISCHMANN #5147 and #5148 were used. The cars match the "style" of models designed in the 1960s. FLEISCHMANN delivered exchange- couplers for the Märklin-System.

Regards

Markus