Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline biedmatt  
#1 Posted : 26 July 2012 04:53:44(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
I have been wanting to run this engine for some time now. So I bought a permanent magnet created from an original Marklin 3015 AC field coil and installed the ESU decoder. The decoder instructions even included a diagram and directions on how to wire and program the decoder for proper SBB head/tail lamp operation. A very smooth runner much nicer than the 36159 with the AC field coil and super 6080 decoder.

I have the original AC field coil and e-unit for that day I may want to put it back to original, but I can't see why I would.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline Ross  
#2 Posted : 26 July 2012 23:54:32(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Matt,

You have my interest. Can you provide more information where/how/how much re the mods to the AC field magnet?

Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
I have been wanting to run this engine for some time now. So I bought a permanent magnet created from an original Marklin 3015 AC field coil and installed the ESU decoder.

Ross
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 27 July 2012 03:20:42(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi Matt & Ross,

There will be in the near future, I hope, a perm. magnet available for the 3015 Crocodile from ESU (51965) for Euro 24.95.

So its may be worthwhile waiting for it, it has been announced but ESU doesn't forcast release dates.

Matt all you need now is a sound decoder

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline biedmatt  
#4 Posted : 27 July 2012 12:49:01(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Ross,
You can see a picture of the modified field coil here
His e-mail is christian.hofsaess (at) t-online (dot) de
He was selling them outright, but I believe now he wants to do an exchange. If you wish to keep your original magnet, replacements can be had here or I'm sure they are available from Marklin.

The ESU permanent magnet will be very welcome once available. I just could not wait, plus I still wanted to see the laminated plates when I looked into the center windows.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline Ross  
#5 Posted : 30 July 2012 23:49:31(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Matt,

Thanks for that info. I have converted my 3015 using a 6080 decoder many years ago, it runs well. I'll wait to see what esu offer.
Ross