Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cookee_nz  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2012 10:51:02(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Hi all,

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Marklin Magazin from 03/85?

There is an article that I'd like to see for some info on page 47 not sure if it covers more pages.

If anyone has this issue and can scan the page/s to email me (or post here, suitably acknowledged of course) I'd appreciate it very much.

I understand the article may be relating to the brightly coloured transparent ICE Trains featured on the cover of the 87/88 Catalogue?

Thanks in advance

Cookee
Wellington, NZ
cookee_nz attached the following image(s):
87-88.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2012 11:51:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hi Cookee, I don't think it is in the club's library - it isn't listed in my inventory spreadsheet - none of the 1985 magazines are.

Unfortunately, the guys on the Italian Marklinfan website don't have it either.

Julian or Jan might have it.
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2012 12:09:17(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I think the MM 3/85 in German edition only so I don't have any one.

Have you try ebay?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline cookee_nz  
#4 Posted : 15 July 2012 12:43:03(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
I think the MM 3/85 in German edition only so I don't have any one.

Have you try ebay?

Thanks Steven, back then it was never published in English anyway, and I only want a copy of that specific article so it's not worth me trying to buy one on Ebay, someone somewhere will have one that they can scan that page from.

Cheers

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline nilkram58  
#5 Posted : 16 July 2012 12:43:06(UTC)
nilkram58

Greece   
Hi Cookee,
as a matter of fact, a transparent ICE was running yesterday during our Club's Meeting. You can see it in the photos. Some videos will be also posted later.
I did not know their existence up to yesterday!!
https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...-M--club.aspx#post345777
Regards,
Akis
Offline LMS800  
#6 Posted : 16 July 2012 13:21:32(UTC)
LMS800

Germany   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

There is an article that I'd like to see for some info on page 47 not sure if it covers more pages.

If anyone has this issue and can scan the page/s to email me (or post here, suitably acknowledged of course) I'd appreciate it very much.

I understand the article may be relating to the brightly coloured transparent ICE Trains featured on the cover of the 87/88 Catalogue?

Thanks in advance

Cookee
Wellington, NZ

Hi Cookee,
Marklin Magazin 03/85 has on page 47 a very small notice ( I marked that red) on transparant locos as 3757 (BR 103), 3772 (BR 212) and 3774 (BR 216),
see attached screenshots.
( I offered my help to buy Castle Neuschwanstein with PM, no response from you yet...)

Regards
Wolf
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline cookee_nz  
#7 Posted : 16 July 2012 21:46:14(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: nilkram58 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Cookee,
as a matter of fact, a transparent ICE was running yesterday during our Club's Meeting. You can see it in the photos. Some videos will be also posted later.
I did not know their existence up to yesterday!!
https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...-M--club.aspx#post345777
Regards,
Akis

Hi Akis, thanks for that.

Your club has the ICE 3 Transparent, those are quite common, apparently produced in fairly high numbers and easy to find.

The ones I am interested in are the original ICE. The colours are not a trick of the light as sometimes though, rather they are a coloured or tinted plastic, but still transparent so you can see the internals.

There are two other models also produced in the same plastic, an E103, and a Cl. 216. Extremely rare and virtually no information about them from what I can find which is why I am interested in learning more.

I have a borrowed Koll's Spezial from 2003 and cannot find any mention of them in there but there have been a couple of topics on foreign forums about them.

Cheers

Steve

Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline cookee_nz  
#8 Posted : 16 July 2012 21:51:44(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: LMS800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Cookee
Wellington, NZ

Hi Cookee,
Marklin Magazin 03/85 has on page 47 a very small notice ( I marked that red) on transparant locos as 3757 (BR 103), 3772 (BR 212) and 3774 (BR 216),
see attached screenshots.
( I offered my help to buy Castle Neuschwanstein with PM, no response from you yet...)

Regards
Wolf

Hi Wolf, firstly, thank you for the scan. It seems it only refers to the more common clear plastic models, I have the 212, our club (MMRC) has also one, the E103 I think and another member has the 216.

I had some other responses also about the castle, I'm told it's a Faller kit and I was just getting some more info, plus my internet access is sparodic so it takes a while to catch up with things bit by bit.

I may still want that one, and if it remains available I'll let you know if you can help.

Many thanks

Steve

Edited by user 09 January 2017 19:54:42(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed nested-quote error

Cookee
Wellington
NZ image