Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tulit  
#1 Posted : 20 May 2012 16:54:07(UTC)
tulit

Canada   
Hi all.

I have the mobile station 2, and as I understand I can control digital signals (ie 76393) from it manually using the 'keyboard' functions.

However, one thing I don't understand is how to set the address of the signals using the Mobile Station 2. The instructions only detail the setup using the original keyboard/controllers.

Is it possible to program the signals using MS2? Or do I need something like CS2?
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 22 May 2012 05:08:33(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
The address setup for these signals relies/uses the first address seen on the track after power is turned on , with the "setup clip"/"Programming Bracket" installed (The bracket is installed from the factory and needs to be removed after programing/setup).

Signals with more than 2 aspects , like your 76393, will then listen for a 2nd address

The control unit can be any 602x, MS2, CSx (or equivalent) that sends a MM (Motorola format) address. (Check that your MS2 has the Accessory Protocol set for MM and not DCC). Use the same instruction steps you have but where it refers to 602x and/or Keyboard, use your MS2 and the Keyboard sub-menu instead.

For the MS2 and CSx (because of their mFX capabilities confusing the command signal) you should really have a Version2 signal (Red sticker on box with "V2.0").

The CS2 manual adds the precautionary step to prepare the keyboard address to be used for a 1 second (1000 mS) pulse instead of the default 250mS. I have not usually found this necessary and it can't be done on the MS2 anyway. So suggest doing the address setup straight after the MS2 is powered on, i.e. with the minimum of additional command traffic being sent out.
Peter