Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MHJ_63  
#1 Posted : 19 May 2012 05:24:43(UTC)
MHJ_63

United States   
The decoder on my Big Boy died. Does anyone have a good replacement recommendation? I don't have the hardware to program the sounds, so a decoder with sounds already loaded would be perfect.
Offline Lollo  
#2 Posted : 19 May 2012 07:01:03(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
I would recommend either Loksound Ver4 art. No. 54411 or V4 M4(mfx) 64411 These are delivered with the 8 pin NEM plug
You would probably need the 21 MTC connector version. Check your lok, I think it is a 21 MTC decoder type. If it is, when you order, specify you want the Big Boy sound file.
And get them to correctly set up the motor parameters, and chuffs for your Marklin model.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
Offline Dave Banks  
#3 Posted : 20 May 2012 01:00:48(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   

Big Boy # 37992 with Loksound MFX 8 pin decoder
D.A.Banks
Offline Lollo  
#4 Posted : 20 May 2012 01:33:09(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
The photo shows its probably an 8 pin NEM connector. I would order either the 54411 or 64411(M4) The 54411 does not self register the (M4) will self register on your command station.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 20 May 2012 08:25:34(UTC)
H0

Hi, all!
Originally Posted by: Lollo Go to Quoted Post
The photo shows its probably an 8 pin NEM connector.
Dave's picture shows an 8-pin connector - but I presume it doesn't show Mike's Big Boy. How do we know which connector Mike's Big Boy has?
The newer Big Boys will have 21-pin connectors. The impedance of speakers also does vary.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline NZMarklinist  
#6 Posted : 21 May 2012 16:15:52(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, all!
Originally Posted by: Lollo Go to Quoted Post
The photo shows its probably an 8 pin NEM connector.
Dave's picture shows an 8-pin connector - but I presume it doesn't show Mike's Big Boy. How do we know which connector Mike's Big Boy has?
The newer Big Boys will have 21-pin connectors. The impedance of speakers also does vary.

Quite right Tom, we need to know the model of the Big Boy Loco in question befopre recommending the corrective parts/decoders.

ESU do have a good sound project for the Big Boy to suit their various decoders ThumpUp

Dave's one looks a bit non Marklin Unsure perhaps an explanation DaveB Confused
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Dave Banks  
#7 Posted : 22 May 2012 10:11:35(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hello Glen, your powers of observation do you justice. Yes this is a TRIX #22806 or in the marklin form 37992 "weathered version". I removed the V3.0 Loksound decoder that came with it & fitted it with a Loksound MFX decoder with ESU sound profile. This model came with NEM wheels specifications. The model after was fitted with RP25. This is the loco in question:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QwPAQyw7wY Very simple to convert. Slider just clicks into place & changing from memory only two wires. Jeroen very kindly put a post on this forum on how to do it. It worked very well & was extremely simple to do.
D.A.Banks
Offline mihirpadhye  
#8 Posted : 03 January 2017 18:26:03(UTC)
mihirpadhye

India   
Hi Dave,

After replacing the decoder with ESU Loksound V4 (I assume) were you able to segregate the number board lighting function and smoke function to different F-keys or still both work on same F-key.

Regards
Mihir