Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline skaliy  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2012 20:19:04(UTC)
skaliy

Poland   
I want to connect 76ΧΧΧ signals via Mobile Station 2. Is that possible? Someone can explain how the principle of semaphores 76XXX? They operate in automatic mode or be manually controlled? I am interested in how to make sure that they work automatically without human intervention. Is it possible to MS2? Thank you all for your help!
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2012 20:28:21(UTC)
H0

With MS2, everything works manually controlled and nothing works automatically.
But those semaphores should work.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline skaliy  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2012 21:15:11(UTC)
skaliy

Poland   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
With MS2, everything works manually controlled and nothing works automatically.
But those semaphores should work.

Thank you for qick reply!!!!
but what about 76391 Block signal? If it is also operated manually, it does not make any sense. Because the easiest to stop the train and not controlling them to a traffic light. Is it possible to make so that the train passed, and after a while the path was blocked by traffic lights, and then again open? How to do it without the CS automatically? Any ideas?
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2012 22:44:53(UTC)
H0

AFAIK you can control 76xxx signals conventionally - via switch box or circuit tracks.
Circuit track switches last signal to red and last but one signal to green. Would also work with 74xx analogue signals.

Signals will then work automatically - but not from MS2, just from circuit tracks.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline skaliy  
#5 Posted : 25 February 2012 08:29:35(UTC)
skaliy

Poland   
AFAIK you can control 76xxx signals conventionally - via switch box or circuit tracks.
Circuit track switches last signal to red and last but one signal to green. Would also work with 74xx analogue signals.

Signals will then work automatically - but not from MS2, just from circuit tracks.

Speaking about circuit tracks you mean 24994 ? For me, this is news, is it possible to describe the details of their work. I understand that it is possible to connect to analog 74ххх traffic lights and digital 76ххх. What is the difference I see in this case? Will the effekt slow speed reduction? You can do without the switchbox? Are there any approximate scheme?
And the second question - is it possible to connect a Computer to MS2 or did without a CS can not do.
And in the central station can be pre-set logistics switching lights and arrows? As she understands the position of the locomotive? When circuit tracks is a mechanical contact (as I understand it) and CS how it works. Thank you for your reply.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 25 February 2012 08:44:41(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: skaliy Go to Quoted Post
I understand that it is possible to connect to analog 74ххх traffic lights and digital 76ххх.
Circuit tracks work with 74xx signals with solenoids, but not with the new 74xxx signals without solenoids.

For slow braking you need you need braking modules or PC control.
PC control can be achieved by adding a CAN bus interface to the 60112/3 box that comes with the MS2 (requires soldering inside the box).

Some Märklin manuals with wiring diagrams:
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/76391_betrieb.pdf
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/72442_betrieb.pdf

Copy URLs to address field of your browser.

You can use circuit tracks (e.g. 24994 for C track) instead of the 72720 control box.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline skaliy  
#7 Posted : 25 February 2012 11:35:44(UTC)
skaliy

Poland   

PC control can be achieved by adding a CAN bus interface to the 60112/3 box that comes with the MS2 (requires soldering inside the box).

Do you think is reasons of economy (not to buy CS), you can use this option? Will this work with a PC and by which software is better? Is there a diagram or a description of how to infiltrate the 60112/3 box? The scheme of soldering or manual how to do it? Does anyone have this done? If you can - share your experiences. What is CAN bus? I can not find this in the catalog. Sorry for the questions - just studying and I want to understand it out.
Or is it better to buy a CS?
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 25 February 2012 17:04:07(UTC)
H0

Or is it better to buy a CS?
That depends on you. ECoS is another option.

Using a 60113 with a PC is described here (in German - use google or any other online-translator):
http://www.skrauss.de/modellbahn/gbox.html
A friend tried it successfully.

The CAN Bus connects MS2 to either track box or CS2. It's not sold separately.

I'm afraid my expertise ends here (I neither have 74xxx nor 76xxx signals (have some 74xx signals though) nor do I use PC control).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage