Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2011 20:09:28(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   

Hallo Gents,
Recently I purchased ESU EcOS 50200 and I am having a lot of headache with it already. According to manual it should recognise old Motorola format decoders - but it is not a case with 2681 set.
I have serched this forum and I can not find any info in regard to Marklin 2681 Hofzug Kaiser Willhelm II ( old Motorola dip switches decoders ) running with new ESU EcOS 50200 or Marklin CS station.
Did anybody experienced same problem ? How can I turn interior lights on ? ( Seems to me EcOS does not recognise old Motorola decoder )
Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards,

Marklineisenbahn

Offline Webmaster  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2011 20:16:25(UTC)
Webmaster

Ecos will not automatically recognize older M decoders, only the newer mfx decoders are automatically recognized.

This means you will have to enter a "new lok" manually, and set the address of the loco decoder in the Ecos as it is according to the DIP switches.
Since I don't have this set, I don't know how to control the coach lighting - is it done from the loco decoder or is there a separate decoder for the coaches?
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Ross  
#3 Posted : 30 March 2019 00:09:07(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi All,

The ECoS protocol for the 2681 needs to be set to Motorola Fx 14. You will need two locomotive entries for both addresses.
Ross