Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bob  
#1 Posted : 08 May 2011 11:50:38(UTC)
Bob

Hi all,
I am looking for help in sourcing a very small cheese head screw and nut. The screw I am looking for is to fasten the round bakalite current transfer base which is between the track platform and the metal base of a 7186 TT. If my measurements are correct it is a M1.4 x 4mm and matching nut. Not sure what the screw pitch is, guess its not important as long as the small nut fits. The turntable works ok with just the 2 screws, but it would be better if all 3 where present. I did not lose the screw, when I got the turntable it only had 2.
So if anyone could help me source the tiny screw, I would be very grateful.
thanks
Bob.
Running Mtrack analogue and Ctrack digital. Collector of V200s.
Offline Markus Schild  
#2 Posted : 08 May 2011 12:53:50(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Bob,

Both, the screw and the nut are still available from Marklin:

757020 - SECHSKANTMUTTER 0,79 €
785040 - ZYLINDERSCHRAUBE 0,79 €
(Sechskantmutter= nut, Zylinderschraube= screw).

Regards

Markus
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 08 May 2011 13:47:05(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bob Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,
I am looking for help in sourcing a very small cheese head screw and nut. The screw I am looking for is to fasten the round bakalite current transfer base which is between the track platform and the metal base of a 7186 TT. If my measurements are correct it is a M1.4 x 4mm and matching nut. Not sure what the screw pitch is, guess its not important as long as the small nut fits. The turntable works ok with just the 2 screws, but it would be better if all 3 where present. I did not lose the screw, when I got the turntable it only had 2.
So if anyone could help me source the tiny screw, I would be very grateful.
thanks
Bob.

Hi Bob,

Take a look at the spare parts sheets in my webpage, I have scans of sheets showing many of Marklin's different screws and part numbers up to 1974 along with the specifications of each.

https://www.marklin-user...partsinfo/infobegin.html

There's also a parts sheet for the 7186 Turntable with separate parts listing and although it does not show the individual screws, it does show what I presume to be the contact plate you refer to along with a couple of related numbers listed in the second page.

If you do find or confirm the screw and details by cross-referencing to the screw listing, I'll be happy to mark them onto the sheet showing exact location, description and part number for better clarity. Perhaps someone else may have a later dated scan for reference?

With the correct number, if no one else can help you from perhaps a scrapped turntable etc you should at least be able to order them. Hope this helps

Cookee
Melbourne
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline cookee_nz  
#4 Posted : 08 May 2011 13:48:58(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Hi Bob,

Both, the screw and the nut are still available from Marklin:

757020 - SECHSKANTMUTTER 0,79 €
785040 - ZYLINDERSCHRAUBE 0,79 €
(Sechskantmutter= nut, Zylinderschraube= screw).

Regards

Markus

Oops, sorry Markus, I see you already answered with the info.

I started my reply then went away for something and didn't refresh before posting.

Cheers

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Bob  
#5 Posted : 09 May 2011 12:20:20(UTC)
Bob

Hi Markus and Cookee,
Thank you very much for the fast and response to my dilema. Now that I have the part numbers I should be able to order them from one of the Marklin suppliers, I will have a quick look on ebay as well, one can get lucky.
Once again many thanks to you both.
Bob.
Offline Bob  
#6 Posted : 09 May 2011 12:32:29(UTC)
Bob

Hi Cookee, just had a quick look at the link you provided. The contact plate which is depicted in Fig 1a -Schleifringplatte- is the part which requires 3 screws and nuts to fix to the base. The screws and nut list unfortunately does not list the tiny M1.4 screws.
Bob.
Offline cookee_nz  
#7 Posted : 09 May 2011 14:40:30(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bob Go to Quoted Post
Hi Cookee, just had a quick look at the link you provided. The contact plate which is depicted in Fig 1a -Schleifringplatte- is the part which requires 3 screws and nuts to fix to the base. The screws and nut list unfortunately does not list the tiny M1.4 screws.
Bob.

Cheers Bob, yeah I wasn't sure if they would be listed but it was a starting point, but if the numbers that Markus gave are the ones referred to, I can easily add them to the image and the screw list for future reference.

Regards

Steve
Melbourne
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Bob  
#8 Posted : 10 May 2011 02:58:42(UTC)
Bob

G'day Steve, I am still following up with the numbers Markus gave me. I have not yet found a place from where I can order them. I could not find them on the Marklin.de site.
hang in there I will get back to you once I have got hold of some.
Bob.