Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline James  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2011 19:06:13(UTC)
James

Canada   
Hello All:

I was browsing a couple of European websites (ESU, Viessmann, etc)and I came across a sound system designed to play background noises for the layout. This system is not listed on any of the North American sites, ao it's either very new or just not available yet (as usual)Cursing .

It works on a 230 V system and would require some sort of power transformer, as well as plug change, to allow for use here in Canada. However, I'm thinking that this system is something I would like to add to my layout, and I'm sure that I could 'rig up' a North American version for use here.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone on the list would know of, or be able to, direct me to a website/source that offers ambient noises for both city (European) and Bahn. Although there are certain loks available that broadcast station announcements, the announcement is very generic.

Are there any places where I could record other announcements/noises? Unsure

Sincere Thanks
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UserPostedImage
James Bannerman
Give me steam, and how you feel can make it real, real as anything you've seen. (Peter Gabriel)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by James
Offline dntower85  
#2 Posted : 26 April 2011 19:21:47(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dntower85
Offline kbvrod  
#3 Posted : 26 April 2011 19:34:12(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi James,all

Quote:
I was browsing a couple of European websites (ESU, Viessmann, etc)and I came across a sound system designed to play background noises for the layout. This system is not listed on any of the North American sites, ao it's either very new or just not available yet (as usual)Cursing

Busch and Noch have had these sound systems for years also.

Quote:
It works on a 230 V system and would require some sort of power transformer, as well as plug change, to allow for use here in Canada. However, I'm thinking that this system is something I would like to add to my layout, and I'm sure that I could 'rig up' a North American version for use here.

These can be had at any electronics store.Yes,they are transformers.

Quote:
Therefore, I was wondering if anyone on the list would know of, or be able to, direct me to a website/source that offers ambient noises for both city (European) and Bahn. Although there are certain loks available that broadcast station announcements, the announcement is very generic.

YouTube,websites,etc.,etc., if it can be copied an Mp3 can do this,...

Dr D

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kbvrod
Offline James  
#4 Posted : 27 April 2011 03:35:19(UTC)
James

Canada   
As Always... thanks for the help. The Sounddogs site is excellent. Drool
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UserPostedImage
James Bannerman
Give me steam, and how you feel can make it real, real as anything you've seen. (Peter Gabriel)
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 27 April 2011 16:51:29(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
JamesL

The sound effect module that you saw comes from which company?

As far as sounds, you can search on google for station announcements, bahnansagen, bahnhofsansagen, sons de gare, etc...

I like the site dangerous link to hijacked site removed as it has a lot of (Swiss) SBB sounds (among others).

I also like http://bahnhofsansagen.eu

Happy surfing

Mike C

Edited by moderator 18 February 2020 17:57:46(UTC)  | Reason: Link to site with "another type" of content removed

Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#6 Posted : 22 February 2020 01:30:30(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
Et pour notre amis de Chemin de Fer:

http://openarchives.sncf.com/re...;type=37&periode=All
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt
There is a Prototype For Everything