Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : What AC HO MTH loco would you order?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Total 122 100%
Guests can't see poll choices and poll results. Try login or register. Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GSRR  
#51 Posted : 02 February 2012 00:09:27(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Anyone seen further news on these, release dates?

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline GG1 Fan  
#52 Posted : 02 February 2012 02:40:02(UTC)
GG1 Fan

Rumor has it: They will be producing a GG1 or series of GG1's in various paint schemes.

Hey, I can only hope....
Offline 610  
#53 Posted : 02 February 2012 03:48:21(UTC)

A dealer on ebay writes that the HO GS-4 for AC system will be delivered in April/May 2012. On facebook, MTH states that the delivery of the HO Big Boy and Challenger for AC system is still totally unclear yet, since MTH is facing major problems with it´s die-cast-metal-productions in China. MTH also writes that it might be possible that these steam locos will not be delivered until late or the end of 2012! Let´s wait and see what will happen.
I wonder if MTH is also planning a re-run with new AC versions of their other steam locos or even producing new steam locomotive types for AC system. I would be interested in a Cab Forward or UP 9000. I would be sad if these 4 steam locos would be the only ones ever offered for AC system by MTH. Since 15 years I´m dreaming a dream of having big US steam locos for my Märklin AC system. Now MTH started to realise my dreams and it would be great if MTH will continue releasing AC steam in HO scale.
The situation is better with the GP 35 diesels and GG1 electrics for AC system (as well as DC): because they don´t have an all-die-cast body, they will be delivered much earlier.
Offline steventrain  
#54 Posted : 02 February 2012 18:14:11(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi and Welcome to the forum, 610.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Loadmaster  
#55 Posted : 03 February 2012 01:36:04(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Hey for those in the SMALL SCALE "Z" these locomotives have already been offered with the exception of the Triplex.

http://www.ztrack.com/AZL/amerzlines.html

Rob
HOac and Z scale running SBB/BLS Era IV-V
Offline Elukka  
#56 Posted : 03 February 2012 07:19:55(UTC)
Elukka

Huh. Those are really impressive models for being Z-scale, particularly the steamers, way better than anything I've seen from Märklin.
Oodles more expensive than anything I've seen from Märklin too, though. :P
Offline GSRR  
#57 Posted : 05 May 2012 01:48:37(UTC)
GSRR

United States   

Review of the MTH HO scale Challenger 3985 with DCC and Sound Union Pacific UP Scheme

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline vmsysprog  
#58 Posted : 12 November 2013 19:31:45(UTC)
vmsysprog

United States   
MTH owners manual for the Challenger says R3, but that's a joke. Yes, it will run on R3, but not well. Looks even worse. I'd recommend a minimum of R4 (like you said). Even with an R4, it looks out of place. It will run with a mobile station but no functions are available. It will run with a Marklin AC transformer; you get lights, smoke and some sounds. A CS2 is to expensive for me.
Originally Posted by: dntower85 Go to Quoted Post
Ian,

they will run with the CS2 and on m-track but the minimum radius is for them is huge looks like forward and revers only or R4 curvesCursing

The 4-6-6-4 Challenger 22" minimum radius
UserPostedImage

The 4-8-8-4 Big Boy 18" minimum radius??? this is strange it has a smaller minimum radius
UserPostedImage

The 4-8-4 GS-4 Daylight 22" minimum radius
UserPostedImage

The 2-8-8-8-2 Tryplex 22" minimum radius
UserPostedImage
Offline vmsysprog  
#59 Posted : 12 November 2013 19:40:16(UTC)
vmsysprog

United States   
I ordered the Challenger back in the fall of 2010 which was the first time it appeared in the MTH catalog in 3 rail. 2 years, 11 months later, it finally shows up. (I was hoping it would be a full three years just to have something to brag/complain about Smile ) There are rumors of an HO Allegheny (hopefully a 3rail option) coming 2014 and I'd like to see MTH produce an HO 3rail NKP Berkshire.
Originally Posted by: 610 Go to Quoted Post
A dealer on ebay writes that the HO GS-4 for AC system will be delivered in April/May 2012. On facebook, MTH states that the delivery of the HO Big Boy and Challenger for AC system is still totally unclear yet, since MTH is facing major problems with it´s die-cast-metal-productions in China. MTH also writes that it might be possible that these steam locos will not be delivered until late or the end of 2012! Let´s wait and see what will happen.
I wonder if MTH is also planning a re-run with new AC versions of their other steam locos or even producing new steam locomotive types for AC system. I would be interested in a Cab Forward or UP 9000. I would be sad if these 4 steam locos would be the only ones ever offered for AC system by MTH. Since 15 years I´m dreaming a dream of having big US steam locos for my Märklin AC system. Now MTH started to realise my dreams and it would be great if MTH will continue releasing AC steam in HO scale.
The situation is better with the GP 35 diesels and GG1 electrics for AC system (as well as DC): because they don´t have an all-die-cast body, they will be delivered much earlier.

Offline H0  
#60 Posted : 12 November 2013 20:07:06(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: vmsysprog Go to Quoted Post
It will run with a mobile station but no functions are available.
Is that your experience or did you read it somewhere?
AFAIK there should be functions with MM protocol (MS1) or DCC protocol (MS2), but I haven't tried any of their locos yet.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage