Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Chris Vella  
#1 Posted : 07 July 2004 09:37:45(UTC)
Chris Vella

Hi All,

I just picked up my Roco item 69931 V200.002 featured in the new items catalogue 2004 and on opening the box(which I have to say is very nice indeed for a change) immediately got disappointed. The photo of the real lok on the catalogue is red. The model is maroon just like the M* model. This is very misleading from Roco and this is not the first time that this has happend.

On running the loco I have to say that the sounds (motor,ventilation fans and heating generator) put the M* model to shame and one wonders how Marklin come up with their sound.

Having said that when I compared the running qualities (of both Roco V200.002 and Marklin V200.150) true the Roco might be more silent but the c-sine motor come out tops in all repects acceleration and braking and coasting are much more convincing than the Roco. All in all the sounds of the Roco make up for the initail disappointmet but in future before I buy Roco I have to see it in my hands before.

Regards
Chris
Offline john black  
#2 Posted : 07 July 2004 12:53:36(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi Chris, all: Smile

Sorry for your Roco troubles ... But if you're not happy with it why not change it for a nice Marklin Cool??? A wrong color is bad, ok, but there are much heavier points which prevent me from being that brand ...
An old friend and pardner of mine (we've served a long time of years and night shifts in the same department so I trust his words generally) tried to talk me into that product biggrin when I reentered the MRR's realm last december. But being into M since I was a little boy and knowing about the technical troubles he has with that maker (lots of broken plastic gears/transmission parts, he permanently has to visit dealer for repairs [xx(]!!!) and reading about that in our forum later - I'm very happy for staying with M SmileSmileSmile
Never got dissapointed from my Marklin locos, bought 4 of them new in the last 8 months, the other 3 are about 20 years old now (from my sons former layout - and they've received lots of hard playing, be assured) - no single trouble at all [^][^][^]

Regards
John
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide