Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline honecksr  
#1 Posted : 04 June 2009 22:40:18(UTC)
honecksr

I just bought a used 7186 Turntable. What I can not find is will the turntable index at 7.5 degree? I also bought a 5 stall round house that has the stalls 7.5 degrees apart form each other. Is this Turntable and Roundhouse compatable? Isee taht a 7286 Turntable can index at 7.5 degrees.
John L. Honeck Sr
Offline intruder  
#2 Posted : 04 June 2009 23:29:40(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Hi John, and welcome to the forum.

Turntable 7186 has 10 fixed pieces of track. Six of them are meant for two three-track 15 degree roundhouses. This means that you find three tracks with 15 degrees between aech of them, between track three and four it is a little bit more than 15 degrees, track four to six has again 15 degrees between each of them.
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 04 June 2009 23:31:34(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Welcome to the forum, John.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline honecksr  
#4 Posted : 06 June 2009 21:09:20(UTC)
honecksr

I have two more questions: 1) Where can I find info on how to wire the turntable up, other than the two red and one gray set of wires, with power? 2) Do I have to wire power to each of the tracks off of the turntable, it looks like if I use track connectors the sidings are powered up?
John L. Honeck Sr
Offline Renato  
#5 Posted : 07 June 2009 13:36:27(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi John, and welcome to the forum.

Do you have the original blue box with two red buttons to operate the turntable?

If the answer is YES, connect the three red-gray-red plugs on the turntable to the corresponding three red-gray-red sockets on the blue box.
Then connect the yellow plug on the left (or the yellow socket on the right) of the blue box to the yellow socket "L" of the transformer and the brown plug on the turntable to the brown socket "O" of the transformer.

If the answer is NO, then let me know, as I can say you how to make your personal operating box at a low cost.
If you connect the feeder track to one of the other 4 tracks (I mean the ones different from the 6 tracks at 15 degrees), only one of these 6 tracks is made live.
The movement of the turntable is stopped automatically when reaching the next track. At the same time this track is made live; thus only one of the shed or parking tracks can carry current at a time.

Hope this can help you.

Renato
Offline honecksr  
#6 Posted : 07 June 2009 23:52:47(UTC)
honecksr

Thanks for the info. I have the 2 red and 1 gray wire with the blue box. I do not have the yellow or brown wires and plugs and transformer. I would be hooking it up to a Bachmann transformer or maybe even a DCC type system. Can you help me with that hookup and where I can get the yellow and brown wires. I guess that I would not have to power up each of the tracks into the roundhouse, right?
John L. Honeck Sr
Offline Renato  
#7 Posted : 08 June 2009 01:34:33(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi John,

the color of the wires is important only in order to identify the different electric circuits and not mix them up and maybe make short circuits. You need one yellow plug and one yellow socket plus one brown plug and one brown socket. All of them must be of the OLD design (you can find them on eBay). Then connect the yellow and brown wires with plugs to the output of the transformer rated 16 V AC (the output used for the solenoid accessories and for lighting).
And finally: YES you do not need to power up each of the tracks into the roundhouse (you need to power up only one of the other four remaining tracks).

Renato