Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jefftm  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2004 13:31:31(UTC)
jefftm

Hi there

I've brushed the dust off some old Marklin HO loco's and rolling stock that I got from my ex father-in-law about 15 years ago. I'm having trouble identifying the model numbers (no original boxes) but a couple of items I've found date most of the items to around mid 1950's.
eg I've got a GN800 loco as well as a MS800, which I can find info on but a lot of the rolling stock I can only identify by a DB number on the side. eg I have a caboose - the only marks (I can find) are DB12286 and 310/1 . Another example is a Log Carrier DB13392.

Can anyone help me identify these items (16 in total)? Is there a website that would be useful? Is there anywhere on the item where a model number is stamped that I'm missing?

Incidentally, I'll be looking to sell them if anyones interested.

Really appreciate any help
Thanks in advance, Jeff
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2004 14:34:06(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

Hello Jeff,
310/1 is a product number in the (very) old numbering system. IMHO. One way to go is to publish pictures here, look at the forum "Marklin-users.net" how to do if you don't have an own site for them.

Regards,
Lars
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2004 22:14:02(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Yes, post some pictures detailing sides of the cars and locos, and also the front of the locos........in this way we will be able to be more helpful.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL