Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GERSON  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2004 11:44:26(UTC)
GERSON

Hi, All!Smile
Have converted older Mä-Locos with SFCM and LFCM motors with ESU Lokpilot an HAMO magnets with great success during the last few years. But I wonder if there are any HAMO fitting the DCM motors? Anyone????[:p]

Regards G!
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 23 January 2004 13:32:58(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Hi Gerson, all,

I've been informed that the Märklin 235690 permanent magnet would be suitable (keeping the 3 pole motor), however I haven't tested it myself.

/Peter
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline jorge_vilarrubi  
#3 Posted : 24 January 2004 00:00:55(UTC)
jorge_vilarrubi

Hi Gerson, the Hamo magnet for DCM motors exists, but I strongly recommend not to use it. The result is very poor, even if you install a 5-pole armature.
You should use the so called 6090-type motor instead. Save your headaches for other moments... The 6090-type motor is the ONLY good motor (C-Sinus and Faulhabers are a different brand). You have different options for DCM, SFCM and LFCM and they are clearly superior when compared to all types of Hamo motors.
Regards,
Jorge Vilarrubí
Buenos Aires
ARGENTINA
Offline perz  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2004 00:13:15(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
I have used the HAMO magnet 235690 in a DCM model (3104) with an ESU LokPilot decoder. The speed characteristics are not so good. I haven't made too much effort to adjust the parameter settings so it might be possible to improve it. But if you really want good performance, use the 60901 kit, or at least the mechanical parts for it.

I used the HAMO magnet because it was cheap and I already had a used LokPilot decoder from another loco. I do not want to spend a lot of money on a model like the 3104, but I want to keep it running.
Offline GERSON  
#5 Posted : 26 January 2004 10:42:32(UTC)
GERSON

Hi All!
Many thanks to perz, Jorge and Peter for the help to save my money biggrin! No Hamo for DCM!

Kind Regards!
/G