Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline orionstars  
#1 Posted : 03 November 2023 22:31:40(UTC)
orionstars

United States   
Just wondering is there was an English language version, or maybe the language really doesn’t matter too much?
Thanks
Pete
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 04 November 2023 16:23:04(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Pete
I just a search on the Internet "book about digital trains in english language" and I got little answers except German editions.

In analog, Märklin trains differ little from other model trains except some advantages:
- rail symetry - 3 rail giving you total freedom on layout design
- ease to install detections to throw turnouts or signals
But all the rest (layout structure, ramps, overhead clearance, landscape) ist probably very well described in local books

In digital because the software changes constantly, the moment- you buy a book, it is out of date.
So, my suggestion is for you to watch videos like this one
Model Train Fun has created a very large quantity of videos about Märklin digital

Just, if you are interested, I am a French fan of Märklin digital and PC-controlled trains (Rocrail) and here is a glimpse of my layout

Sorry if I have not exactly answered your question
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 04 November 2023 19:32:21(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: orionstars Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering is there was an English language version, or maybe the language really doesn’t matter too much?
Thanks
Pete

Hi
the newest English, is the 03061 but you also have the older 07451. (note that on the 03061 product page, you can download track plans for free)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 05 November 2023 12:17:18(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
The Marklin book on running digital trains gives almost everything you need to know. Not a Track plan book but I just like to design my own plan and not that of another.
Using C track it is easy to try a layout and make changes as you go along. In the end you can say the work was all your own...... including of course any mistakes lol.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline orionstars  
#5 Posted : 15 December 2023 02:30:32(UTC)
orionstars

United States   
Thanks everyone.

I have those other books. I was rereading the introduction to the book (07451) regarding layouts over 10’ and he references “the other book”.

I figured it was for smaller layouts and hoped for an english language version for it as well.

Thank you @bph!! I hadn’t seen the plans were available for download previously.

Pete
Offline orionstars  
#6 Posted : 15 December 2023 02:33:52(UTC)
orionstars

United States   
@David Dewar. I have found that “carpet-bahn-ing” has been a fun exercise when I can find the time (and the space when everyone will leave things alone for an afternoon!). I can certainly make some fun layouts. Though someday I would like to have enough circuit type tracks to try an automated setup. (No CS of any type currently so it would be analogue for now.)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by orionstars
Offline marklinist5999  
#7 Posted : 15 December 2023 13:51:25(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I too recomend the book. I also make notes in the blank pages of updates installed, accesory addresses, and data save back-ups. The digital club webinars on Youtube by Curtis jeng and Rick Sinclair from the US are also very helpful
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999