Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2023 10:48:58(UTC)
Goofy

I plan to buy Märklins new wagon light (73410) with power cap to test with a function decoder made of ESU which do have CV 113 by program power fail pass with the value.
I did visit Märklins homepage and i couldn´t find manual of the lighting kit.
Do anybody have information about lighting kit for example length of the lighting kit?
Also to know if it is possible to install a function decoder?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 26 November 2023 21:28:17(UTC)
Goofy

Nobody who knows about manual of the lighting kit?
H0
Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 27 November 2023 18:41:08(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
I plan to buy Märklins new wagon light (73410) with power cap to test with a function decoder made of ESU which do have CV 113 by program power fail pass with the value.
Do anybody have information about lighting kit for example length of the lighting kit?

There is no manual on the Märklin pages, so perhaps Märklin has forgotten to publish it?
Not sure what your aim is? but the 73410 will most likely not be able to keep the decoder alive without modifications as that would have meant it also did feed power back to the tracks.
A solution, if you want to keep the decoder alive, is to use a small dedicated capacitor soldered up to the decoder.
The second thing to be aware of is the initial power draw when several 73410 are coupled together on one aux, is the initial power draw, what will be? and can the decoder actually handle that directly, or do you need to use a relay?
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 27 November 2023 20:28:34(UTC)
Goofy

Good question!
I did found out a mistake by self and it is that function decoder do not work with the power cap.
Just only Lokpilot or Loksound.
My mistake so we forget my TS.
I know Märklins lighting kit 73410 do work with the function decoder but not to set power fail pass with CV 113.
H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
bph
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 27 November 2023 21:57:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post

There is no manual on the Märklin pages, so perhaps Märklin has forgotten to publish it?
Not sure what your aim is? but the 73410 will most likely not be able to keep the decoder alive without modifications as that would have meant it also did feed power back to the tracks.
A solution, if you want to keep the decoder alive, is to use a small dedicated capacitor soldered up to the decoder.
The second thing to be aware of is the initial power draw when several 73410 are coupled together on one aux, is the initial power draw, what will be? and can the decoder actually handle that directly, or do you need to use a relay?

What are you talking about? The catalogue shows these decoders are fitted with capacitors to keep the lights on. There is also a brightness adjustment available.

As to Goofys note about adjusting the length, I believe Marklin expects us to cut the ends off the strip, so you would cut the PCB to remove an LED. If that is not short enough cut one off the other end.
Offline bph  
#6 Posted : 27 November 2023 22:13:00(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

What are you talking about? The catalogue shows these decoders are fitted with capacitors to keep the lights on. There is also a brightness adjustment available.

The 73410/73411 are led boards without decoders, and Goofy wants to use them with an ESU function decoder, and possibly use the ESU power PowerPack control (cv 113).
Offline twmarklinfan  
#7 Posted : 27 November 2023 22:15:39(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
I have used 12 of these lighting kits in the 43xxx series of coaches. One strip fits these coaches without modification. They are the same length as 2 x 73400 lighting strips. Each coach I use I have fitted with current conducting couplers and each consist of 6 coaches has one pick up shoe only.

As Alan says each strip comes with a stay alive and adjustable brightness.

A very nice bit of kit and I am very pleased with them

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by twmarklinfan
bph
Offline Goofy  
#8 Posted : 03 December 2023 16:38:08(UTC)
Goofy

The 73410/73411 are led boards without decoders, and Goofy wants to use them with an ESU function decoder, and possibly use the ESU power PowerPack control (cv 113).

No it is not possible to set power pack with CV113.
I did checked and i use function decoder ESU fx.
However i did ordered two lighting kit 73410.
I will post later with the pictures.

H0
bph
Offline Goofy  
#9 Posted : 06 December 2023 19:53:28(UTC)
Goofy

Okey folks!
I did pick up my lighting kit today and i have two.
I shall start install them in the umbau wagons.
However i haven´t decides yet if i shall install function decoder too when i plan to buy Märklins new V100 which do have contact couples as digital function.
With this loco i need just install lighting to prepare lighting function.
DSC_0005.JPG
H0
bph
Offline Goofy  
#10 Posted : 07 December 2023 06:56:31(UTC)
Goofy

What a c***!
This was the most baddest lighting kit i did bought.
Nothing fits in the umbau wagons and i must saying that ESU lighting kit are much better.
So i return back to ESU.
Sorry Märklin...but your lighting kit 73410 are dumb.

Cursing
H0