Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nightowl4933  
#1 Posted : 20 January 2009 18:17:14(UTC)
Nightowl4933

United Kingdom   
Hi,
Does anyone know if there are any Marklin dealers in Wiltshire?

Also, I've bought a defective locomotive (eBay!) and been offered a £25 discount to pay for repairs. It was £75, but please don't flame the seller, he seems perfectly genuine. Does anyone in the UK repair them?

I'm inclined to return it, though. It's a HAMO 8398 analogue so not particularly special.

Pete
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
Z Scale is great - where's me glasses?
Offline steventrain  
#2 Posted : 20 January 2009 18:46:24(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Only one at Marklin shop at Gaugemaster. It stock very small of marklin items but quite expensive price.

http://www.gaugemaster.com/

The Contikits stock large secondhand/new marklin item in Ryton in Tyne and Wear but mail order only. the Contikits will be attend swapmeets/fairs in UK, See the link with 'Show Dates' for detail.

http://www.contikits.com/index.html
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline aos  
#3 Posted : 20 January 2009 20:28:30(UTC)
aos

Scotland   
This is my gripe – but I need to get it off my chest! Smile

About a fortnight ago, I contacted Hobbyco, the UK importer for Marklin. I wanted a list of the Official Marklin Dealers, so that I could ‘go shopping’. Most of all, I wanted to know which was the nearest dealer to Edinburgh. I was promised faithfully that the info would be with me post haste. I was given an email address at Hobbyco and duly sent off a test email so that they could respond. So far, so good. Smile

To date, I still have received nothing from this company. Hobbyco is supposed to be the UK representative for Marklin. Incredibly, they do not even have a website. Surely, no-one can run a successful business in today’s modern world without being online! This is so unprofessional. [:0]

Gauge-Master used to be the official UK representative and they do at least have a website. I found them extremely polite and helpful. biggrin However, I found them very slow to deliver, sometimes taking months, a problem which they blamed on Hobbyco. As a customer, I am not interested in where the fault lies in the delivery chain. The fact is, Marklin is expensive and there should never be any unreasonable delay. [:(]

The whole world is in the midst of an economic crisis. I have funds available to further my hobby. Why do these companies adopt such a lackadaisical attitude towards business?

Is it any wonder that the kids of today are not really interested and stick to computer games? It is almost as though this is being run like a cottage industry. No wonder firms are collapsing every single day.

Is anybody else in the UK experiencing this sort of behaviour? I know for certain that if it were my business, I would make sure I did everything to attract and retain customers. I am a firm believer in voting with my feet. I take my business where it is appreciated.

It looks like I may be forced to shop outside the UK unless somebody can dissuade me! Can anyone recommend a quality dealership with competitive pricing in the UK / Europe (bricks or clicks)?

I feel better now - thanks for listening. SmileSmile
Offline AshleyH  
#4 Posted : 20 January 2009 21:16:11(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Getting hold of Marklin items or spares is now virtually impossible in the UK.

Forgetting pricing(if possible!), when Gaugemaster were the importers, they actually gave good service, now I think they have lost interest in Marklin/Trix, and their website is hopelessly out of date, listing many items as 'Not Yet Released', when in fact they are already factory sellouts at Marklin.

The simple fact is that Marklin in the UK is very much a niche product, and hence low volume. The Hobby Company have only recently begun to promote Marklin/Tric with a few adverts in Continental Modeller. It seems many orders were 'lost' in the transistion of importer from Gaugemaster to The Hobby Company. I have never received an Insider Model ordered in Autumn 2007 for example, and this is of course now a 'factory sellout' at Marklin! :(

I know of Mount Tabor Models in Derbyshire, but while I am sure he does his best, the prices are not competitive with Europe, even with the current position of the pound.

And so to Europe.....My most recommended Ebay Shop is johnvandamme (Joachim Kraft) who has provided me with excellent service over the past couple of years. He only really has the new releases generally, but his prices are about the lowest in Germany, with discounts of between 20 and 30% from list price.

For regular items of Marklin, and Roco 3 Rail, I can highly recommend my favourite 'bricks and mortar' shop, Heiss in Innsbruck (Austria). The owner, Manfred Gress, speaks perfect English and is very experienced at international Mail Order. He happily accepts Visa and Mastercard, and has been very helpful in obtaining Marklin and Roco spare parts that nobody else seemed to be able to get hold of.

Pete, I don't know where you are in the UK, but I would be prepared to look at your Hamo loco, I have a few spares to hand like traction tyres and motor brushes. What is wrong with the loco? I am in Bournemouth by the way.

Hope this helps
Regards
Ashley

Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 20 January 2009 21:48:43(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Pete,

Apart from those mentioned, you can get Marklin from Ontracks (www.ontracks.co.uk).

They are purely online and don't have a physical shop, as far as I know. Their online shop is quite good, but they don't have much physical stock, so Marklin items will take a few weeks to obtain. I have pre-ordered new items through them in the past and they have always delivered eventually.

Ray
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline charles Sharpe  
#6 Posted : 20 January 2009 23:26:18(UTC)
charles Sharpe

The are two that I use.
1}www Bahnhof4marklin@btinternet.com.Tel no 01638566249. Location Mildenhall in suffolk.

2] Modellbahn in Towcester 01327 352581. Location Northamptonshire.I think you will find is marklin trained.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Breitenfurt  
#7 Posted : 20 January 2009 23:29:13(UTC)
Breitenfurt

Hi Pete.

For repairs I use the Model Railway Doctor. Cannot remember teh website but phone is 020 8907 7662 (or, possibly, 0181 907 7662), addr. 24 Alicia. Avenue, Kenton, Harrow,. Middlesex. HA3 8HR.

Also, try http://www.traindoctor.co.uk/

Chris.

Offline RDRBerry  
#8 Posted : 21 January 2009 00:24:10(UTC)
RDRBerry

I know how you feel..Its been a long slow decline really since importers change and go.

I have used Jo Messeschmidt of Modellbahn in Towcester [ads in Continental Modeller] for repairs and conversions, and highly recommend him.

I use several Internet or E bay shops..Its all there but the joy of trips abroad is to see a real shop...

On shops My local shop FriziGhhall Model Railways now in Bradford now has in stock Roco and Lilliput AC , they also do repairs but not sure if they can do Marklin.

http://www.modelrailshop.co.uk/

Ralph
HO digital ,Intellibox and 6021
Offline Nigel Packer  
#9 Posted : 21 January 2009 00:53:39(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
The Hobby Company was given the Märklin/Trix distributorship in the UK in preference to Gaugemaster, because HobbyCo already distributed LGB, and this was seen by Märklin in Germany as being more successful in the UK than Märklin/Trix.

In my personal opinion, HobbyCo are a waste of space and have no interest in promoting Märklin in the UK. They had a stand at the Warley model railway show at the NEC last November, but were promoting VITrains (one of their other product lines). I had to ask for information about Märklin, and was not at all impressed by the product knowledge shown or that there was any drive to make Märklin a success in the UK.

Märklin has always been a hard sell here, because of its 3-rail tradition and H0 scale when all UK outline models are 00. But when I show my Märklin stuff to British people they are absolutely astounded by the quality and technology which far surpasses anything they would normally see. I am sure it must be possible to make Märklin much more of a success here, but it needs someone with vision and a will to make it happen. HobbyCo is not that company (in my opinion).

Gaugemaster made a much better effort when they had the franchise, but they sell all other makes too, and so even they were not as committed to Märklin as I would have liked.

Like just about all other UK-based Märklin fans, I voted with my feet many years ago, and buy all my stuff in Germany. I have a great relationship with my favourite dealer and get the ideal combination of great service, great prices, first call on any rare or special models, very early receipt of the latest items and no-quibble solutions for any odd problems I may get with models from time to time.

I would love to see a good distributor and dealer network in the UK, but recent events have seen Märklin going in exactly the wrong direction. (Märklin knows my opinion on this!).

Here's hoping that someone in Göppingen will read some of these comments and take some action!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline KNed  
#10 Posted : 21 January 2009 13:18:18(UTC)
KNed

For the Dutch model railway dealers I created a file for Google Earth / Google Maps with all model railway dealers in the Netherlands and some dealers in other Europe countries.

This file contains als the official Märklin dealers in the UK (from the marklin.de site).

When you have installed Google Earth you can view the dealers by this link:
http://www.nederlof.net/dump/modelspoor.kml

Whith Google Maps you can use this link:
http://maps.google.com/m...delspoor.kml?0.6&t=h

Some information in this file is in Dutch...

Koen

Offline Nightowl4933  
#11 Posted : 21 January 2009 13:29:46(UTC)
Nightowl4933

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by AshleyH
<br />Getting hold of Marklin items or spares is now virtually impossible in the UK.

Pete, I don't know where you are in the UK, but I would be prepared to look at your Hamo loco, I have a few spares to hand like traction tyres and motor brushes. What is wrong with the loco? I am in Bournemouth by the way.

Thanks, Ashley, but I think I'll just send it back and spend the money on something new and working. It cost me £75 and I've been offered a £25 refund, but I just can't be bothered with the hassle, to be honest - it's his problem, not mine.

I live in north Wiltshire (near Swindon)

Thanks again for the offer, though. Smile
Pete
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
Z Scale is great - where's me glasses?
Offline steventrain  
#12 Posted : 21 January 2009 15:32:25(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by charles Sharpe
<br />The are two that I use.
1}www Bahnhof4marklin@btinternet.com.Tel no 01638566249. Location Mildenhall in suffolk.

2] Modellbahn in Towcester 01327 352581. Location Northamptonshire.I think you will find is marklin trained.

Both are mail order warehouse only.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline charles Sharpe  
#13 Posted : 21 January 2009 17:16:47(UTC)
charles Sharpe

The mildenhall location all you have to do is call brian and go and see all the lovely stock he has I go all the time.
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by steventrain
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by charles Sharpe
<br />The are two that I use.

Both are mail order warehouse only.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline drstapes  
#14 Posted : 21 January 2009 21:18:57(UTC)
drstapes

United Kingdom   
I have had a couple of engines serviced by Gaugemaster in the past. I found them very helpful.Whether they still offer this service since they lost the franchise I don't know. Still its a nice shop to visit if you are in that part of the world.
regards
Regards

Geoff (UK)

marklin HO from the 50's and 60's
Offline dave55uk  
#15 Posted : 25 September 2023 13:27:45(UTC)
dave55uk

United Kingdom   
Is there an up-to-date [2023] list of UK Marklin dealers?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#16 Posted : 25 September 2023 16:17:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: dave55uk Go to Quoted Post

The only dealers I know of are Gaugemaster and Mount Talbot Hobbies, which is run as a sideline to an electrical appliance (white goods) repair business.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline David Dewar  
#17 Posted : 26 September 2023 09:05:59(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   

I have almost as much Marklin as Gaugemaster and their prices are way to high. No other dealers in the UK have any stock and they would have to buy from Gaugemaster I buy all my stuff from Germany and MSL are very good. Take care on EBay which can be ok but can also leave you with faulty goods.

Dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline steventrain  
#18 Posted : 26 September 2023 17:23:48(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have one from local dealer but preorder only for new items with good discount because I buy from dealer for nearly 40 years.

Marklin Flying scotsman will be arrive at local dealer late November or early December. Alos Catalogue and 45900/1 from fall new items was on order.ThumpUp
Offline dave55uk  
#19 Posted : 27 September 2023 11:44:19(UTC)
dave55uk

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

... I buy all my stuff from Germany and MSL are very good...

Dave

Thanks Dave. I've bought a couple of things from MSL (I'm guessing you mean Model Shop Lippe).
I too find them good and currently have a Regio DMU on order with them.
But it'd be nice to have somewhere here in the UK where p&p would be quite a bit cheaper :-)

Offline twmarklinfan  
#20 Posted : 29 September 2023 17:27:48(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
I think we would all like to have a competent and enthusiastic Märklin dealer based here in the UK. At the recent IMA I had the opportunity to meet the Märklin export manager, Sinisa Stanisic. He was very keen to hear customers views about Marklin and in particular the service we get here and also how to get youngsters into our hobby. Previously young Marklineers would happily play with their trains, then put them away as other interests would take priority but these customers would return to the hobby later in life. The problem Marklin faces now is they are not getting the young Marklineers.

Anyway back to the UK. He is aware there is a demand for Marklin in the UK but has no idea how big because so many of us buy from Germany and our figures are hidden in the German dealers numbers. He wants to try and address that and to that end he is coming over in February for a number of meetings. So let’s see what happens.

Adrian
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by twmarklinfan
Offline kiwiAlan  
#21 Posted : 29 September 2023 19:01:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: twmarklinfan Go to Quoted Post
to that end he is coming over in February for a number of meetings.

Hmm, wonder where WE can meet him. It would be interesting to get him to come to the Stammtisch next Sept. to see what enthusiasts do.

Offline Andy Jeffrey  
#22 Posted : 29 September 2023 19:38:33(UTC)
Andy Jeffrey

United Kingdom   
Hi not sure how to post a question on this forum think this might be a reply anyway the thing is a have purchased a second hand trix 22246 and can not understand the instructions 4 language's but not uk please help advice
Offline dave55uk  
#23 Posted : 29 September 2023 20:13:48(UTC)
dave55uk

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, wonder where WE can meet him. It would be interesting to get him to come to the Stammtisch next Sept. to see what enthusiasts do.

What is this 'Stammtisch' that you speak of?
Offline kimballthurlow  
#24 Posted : 30 September 2023 11:58:25(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Andy Jeffrey Go to Quoted Post
Hi not sure how to post a question on this forum think this might be a reply anyway the thing is a have purchased a second hand trix 22246 and can not understand the instructions 4 language's but not uk please help advice

Hi Andy,
On the internet go to www.Trix.de
In the search bar type 22246.
Accept the listing for you loco, and under the Important Information heading, then Downloads, you will find a Manuals link. That will open the PDF file of instruction manual in languages including English.
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline heinrichhess  
#25 Posted : 01 October 2023 13:45:39(UTC)
heinrichhess

United Kingdom   
i find it hard to buy and as result switched from c track to second hand m track of e bay and other than this is amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk...770&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

it will not help people but the train man on the market has turned up some real gem's

as for importing i got £75 customs charge on loco was not happy about that

hess
Offline heinrichhess  
#26 Posted : 01 October 2023 13:47:46(UTC)
heinrichhess

United Kingdom   
A Stammtisch is an informal group meeting held on a regular basis, and also the usually large, often round table around which the group meets.
think i just missed out last year

hess
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by heinrichhess
Offline David Dewar  
#27 Posted : 01 October 2023 17:50:06(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: heinrichhess Go to Quoted Post
i find it hard to buy and as result switched from c track to second hand m track of e bay and other than this is amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk...770&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

it will not help people but the train man on the market has turned up some real gem's

as for importing i got £75 customs charge on loco was not happy about that

hess

You can buy C track from Germany and they do not charge VAT so you save 19%. When it arrives here you will pay our VAT at 20%. You will have a delivery charge in the UK which I think is £12.
Why would you want to go from C track to second hand M track. Running on C track is better and is the way to go for the future. If you go for M you will always have to buy second hand and there will be no new additions to the track.
Control and track are the most important when starting a layout with more expensive locos etc coming later.
Marklin is expensive and that will not change and Germany is the cheapest source.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Ian555  
#28 Posted : 01 October 2023 19:09:01(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   

We could invite him to our Club Meeting at my place in June next year.

Ian.
Offline twmarklinfan  
#29 Posted : 01 October 2023 22:31:49(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   

I hope we’ll get a heads up with his itinerary and then see if we can meet.
Offline IanC  
#30 Posted : 01 October 2023 23:07:35(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
I spoke with Sinisa Stanisic, Export Sales Manager for Marklin at the meal at the Gran Duca while we were at the Treff in Goppingen so he knows all about our somewhat more modest UK Stammtisch 6-8 September 2024. It will be held every other year in September, next time 6-8 September 2024, and alternating with the IMA / Marklin Tage in Goppingen. The event is held at The Sun Inn, Felmersham, Bedford MK43 7EU www.thesunfelmersham.com and runs from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon with a choice of English or German Food and Drink. It attracts around 20 people including WAGS and we have previously made arrangements with local hotels for accommodation. All are welcome. You can contact me for more details or to be put on the mailing list at: campbellclan.marklinukstammtisch@btinternet.com

If Sinisa is over here in February it would be good to arrange for as many as possible of us to meet up with him somewhere.

IanC
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by IanC
Offline kimballthurlow  
#31 Posted : 24 October 2023 11:50:29(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
A video channel relating to hobbies and models in general just did a review of a UK model shop which stocks quantity of Märklin and Trix.
A model shop (Inside Line Models) in Thornton -Cleveleys , just north of Blackpool - accessible by tram.
https://insidelinemodels.com/

To see the video go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuqjlJKok-A
The Märklin and Trix starts around 4:00.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline David Dewar  
#32 Posted : 24 October 2023 14:16:18(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Only Gaugemaster have any Marklin and any other UK dealers have to buy from them. Gaugemaster do not hold any decent amount of stock and orders could take ages to come from Marklin and the price is way to high. Just buy from Germany which is viable option.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline dave55uk  
#33 Posted : 25 October 2023 11:48:00(UTC)
dave55uk

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
A video channel relating to hobbies and models in general just did a review of a UK model shop which stocks quantity of Märklin and Trix.
A model shop (Inside Line Models) in Thornton -Cleveleys , just north of Blackpool - accessible by tram.

Kimball

Interesting to see a UK shop stocking some Marklin, so as I'm the opposite side of the country to Blackpool, I had a look at their online shop.
I picked something I was particularly interested in (point motors) and compared the price with MSL.
£23.39 for Inside Line Models and £14.25 for MSL. So that's a £9 difference per motor.

So then I checked the point decoders. £34.19 for ILM and £23.39 for MSL, a difference of about £11.

I know where I'm going to shop :-)
Offline 60904  
#34 Posted : 25 October 2023 19:34:28(UTC)

Germany   
What about this shop?

Mount Tabor Chapel
Scarthin
Cromford
Matlock
Derbyshire DE4 3QF
Phone & Fax 01629 822294
email : mount.tabor@btopenworld.com
Greetings
Martin
Offline David Dewar  
#35 Posted : 25 October 2023 20:29:59(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: 60904 Go to Quoted Post
What about this shop?

Mount Tabor Chapel
Scarthin
Cromford
Matlock
Derbyshire DE4 3QF
Phone & Fax 01629 822294

Looked at that a while back but they dont stock Marklin but like some list a lot of manufactuers and again have almost nothing. They will need to buy from Gaugemaster.
There are several shops that say they sell Marklin but have no stock and again would have to buy from Gaugemaster who also hold very little.
Best to buy from Germany which anyway will be considerably cheaper.
Roco in the UK is slightly better but not for three rail.
Offline HO Collector  
#36 Posted : 25 October 2023 21:43:04(UTC)
HO Collector

United Kingdom   

Kimball

Interesting to see a UK shop stocking some Marklin, so as I'm the opposite side of the country to Blackpool, I had a look at their online shop.
I picked something I was particularly interested in (point motors) and compared the price with MSL.
£23.39 for Inside Line Models and £14.25 for MSL. So that's a £9 difference per motor.

So then I checked the point decoders. £34.19 for ILM and £23.39 for MSL, a difference of about £11.

Don't forget that you have to pay customs, vat and shipping on top of what MSL charges.

Offline twmarklinfan  
#37 Posted : 25 October 2023 21:56:48(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: HO Collector Go to Quoted Post

Kimball

Don't forget that you have to pay customs, vat and shipping on top of what MSL charges.

Not quite. By post if the value of the parcel is less than £135 there is no VAT in the UK, and German VAT would have been deducted. So with some careful shopping good results can be achieved.
HMRC is quite helpful in that it publishes the exchange rate to be used during a month to calculate the £ equivalent of a Euro amount for VAT purposes.
Offline David Dewar  
#38 Posted : 25 October 2023 23:47:20(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Not quite. By post if the value of the parcel is less than £135 there is no VAT in the UK, and German VAT would have been deducted. So with some careful shopping good results can be achieved.
HMRC is quite helpful in that it publishes the exchange rate to be used during a month to calculate the £ equivalent of a Euro amount for VAT purposes

Agreed. I dont like to tell about this on line but I am saving 20% plus a 4% bonus on orders for coaches or track parts or Faller stuff etc. No customs duty just sails thrpough.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#39 Posted : 26 October 2023 00:46:06(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
What about this shop?

Mount Tabor Chapel
Scarthin
Cromford
Matlock
Derbyshire DE4 3QF
Phone & Fax 01629 822294

He does it as a sideline to being a white goods service and sales shop, but has been an active promoter of the product at shows, especially shows with a strong European theme. However because it is a sideline to another business the web site has never been any good. He also stocks Brawa and other lines as well.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#40 Posted : 26 October 2023 00:51:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
What about this shop?

Mount Tabor Chapel
Scarthin
Cromford
Matlock
Derbyshire DE4 3QF
Phone & Fax 01629 822294

Looked at that a while back but they dont stock Marklin but like some list a lot of manufactuers and again have almost nothing. They will need to buy from Gaugemaster.

i don't believe he does need to buy through Gaugemaster. Those days went by the wayside before gaugemaster previously lost the Marklin franchise, and I have not heard that anything changed after they got the franchise back. he has certainly had Marklin and Trix in the past, I have certainly bought items off him. He has been a strong promoter of Z gauge as well.

he certainly lists Marklin and Trix on his web site.
http://www.mount-tabor-models.co.uk/sales.html

Offline David Dewar  
#41 Posted : 26 October 2023 23:39:46(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
What about this shop?

Mount Tabor Chapel
Scarthin
Cromford
Matlock
Derbyshire DE4 3QF
Phone & Fax 01629 822294

i don't believe he does need to buy through Gaugemaster. Those days went by the wayside before gaugemaster previously lost the Marklin franchise, and I have not heard that anything changed after they got the franchise back. he has certainly had Marklin and Trix in the past, I have certainly bought items off him. He has been a strong promoter of Z gauge as well.

he certainly lists Marklin and Trix on his web site.
http://www.mount-tabor-models.co.uk/sales.html

Looked again at nthis site but cant see anything from Marklin. Says some Trix but only a few. I doubt they can buy from Marklin but would need to use Gaugemaster. If anybody can show me their list of Marklin in stock for sale I would be happy to buy if the price is not too bad.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#42 Posted : 27 October 2023 00:22:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Looked again at nthis site but cant see anything from Marklin. Says some Trix but only a few. I doubt they can buy from Marklin but would need to use Gaugemaster. If anybody can show me their list of Marklin in stock for sale I would be happy to buy if the price is not too bad.

His web site never has been any good. He used to have adverts in Continental Modeller (haven'y looked at that mag for ages) which always had more info on stock levels than his web site did.

Offline MU5T4N6  
#43 Posted : 28 October 2023 22:28:03(UTC)
MU5T4N6

Germany   
What is this 'Stammtisch' that you speak of?

Hi Dave,

There is an official Märklin "Stammtisch" for the UK: https://maerklininsider.uk/
Cheers, Max
First offical Märklin Insider Stammtisch in the UK: maerklininsider.uk
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MU5T4N6